scratched discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I have a few scratched discs which are a lil old (around 4-5 years) I want to retreive the data from it. I have a Samsung CDR-RW drive and also a Literon DVD drive as well both of which have problems reading the scratched discs. I tried to create backups of the CD's and dump it onto my HDD using Alcohol and other tools...no such luck....I wanna be able to read the data and either create other copies of the CD or dump it onto my HDD as CD images or just files...any help offered is much appreciated...thanx!

Naga

Broken In
Alcohol is just a burning tool optimised for bypassing copy protection.It cannot retrieve specific data from a CD, only make a CD to CD image. ISO buster is specially for retrieving data from damaged disks. Don't comment on sumthing u don't know. Have u even tried the advanced features of ISObuster? The buster can help u recover at least partial data if not the whole data (which Alcohol, btw, can't). And the reason it can't recover the complete data sometimes is that all data on a CD is saved in a physical state. Ergo, if the CD is physically damaged, there goes ur data.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ok is there any kind of soultion ...i dono i read it somewhere which can make an unreadable Cd quite readable....

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
It cant make a damaged cd readable but tries to read the damaged part.It scans the raw contents sector by sector for data and tries to make a copy.
Clone cd also is similar but not very effective it ignores the damaged sectors after n number of tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom