Scope of a freelancer as a Programmer

rish1

Cyborg Agent
ok guys i am a computer illiterate , i mean no formal education in computers .. though i had interest in programming and developing but due to bad decisions and lack of wisdom at that point i couldn't enter this field ..

Now i would like to learn programming and please those who are experienced advice me on how are the "work from home" freelancer type job prospects ? and which language is recommended to start with keeping us Indians in mind..

i know about freelancer like sites but is it difficult to get jobs and projects ? and set up a personal online Developer business ?
it would be great if those actually having Experience in this field reply, as what we think and presume almost never works out the same way..

It would be great if someone can shed light upon The pay prospects ? an average estimated earning ?

If possible please advice hwere should 1 start from android app development , rom development , Website development , Software building etc and the recommended languages for the same

the questions asked here are quite newbish so forgive me for that

ankush28

Bazinga
ok guys i am a computer illiterate , i mean no formal education in computers .. though i had interest in programming and developing but due to bad decisions and lack of wisdom at that point i couldn't enter this field ..

Now i would like to learn programming and please those who are experienced advice me on how are the "work from home" freelancer type job prospects ? and which language is recommended to start with keeping us Indians in mind..
freelance programmers are in demand and there is really tough competition out there.

i know about freelancer like sites but is it difficult to get jobs and projects ? and set up a personal online Developer business ?
it would be great if those actually having Experience in this field reply, as what we think and presume almost never works out the same way..

It would be great if someone can shed light upon The pay prospects ? an average estimated earning ?
Yes its quite hard to get PROJECT from freelancing sites like Elance and oDesk. Earning depends upon type of work and vary from $5/hour to $20/hour

If possible please advice where should 1 start from android app development , rom development , Website development , Software building etc and the recommended languages for the same

*Don't expect any money from ROMs!
*To start android development first you need to learn JAVA. For ROM and kernel making you also need to learn C++

Join this free course - EdX CS50x This is one of the best way to start programming. Lecture videos are awesome.
Learn some basics of programming from this course, I recommend completing full course.
Then learn Java,
Then dive into Android app programming.

spikey360

Right off the assembly line
Now i would like to learn programming

Learn programming first then, all else will follow naturally.
The last thing a programmer needs is someone dictating what he should program.
Program anything you like, program everything you like.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
First and foremost, learn programming. Period.

Doesn't matter where you start, though I'd recommend Python for starters but hone your skills in C++ at the very least. You can move to Java after that.

Once you get good in Programming, the best way to hone your skills is to contribute to open source projects. You can find many on sourceforge.net. You can choose the one that matches your skillset and contribute.

Top Bottom