Scan Negatives on Regular Scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i dont know if this has been posted before..
my scanner: CanoScan 3000ex
i was just trying to scan a x-ray film but all i got was a black image. but out of nowhere i got this idea..

i placed a clean mirror (obviously inverted to face the lamp) over the negative. idealy completely covering the scanner plate. after that, i scanned the page with a high DPI, and greyscale(as it was a b/w x-ray)

after scanning, i reduced the image size to comfortable dimentions. the result is attached.

i am planning to order a mirror made exactly to the dimentions of my scanner's platter.

do you ppl think it's gonna work??

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
AFAIK, Negative Scanners just have a Illuminated Backlight and the scanner moving thingie is not illuminated when the Backlight is on.

Yours almost works the same way, except that the scanner's light is reflected back :)

Hmm.. Nice Hack :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
[xubz] said:
AFAIK, Negative Scanners just have a Illuminated Backlight and the scanner moving thingie is not illuminated when the Backlight is on.

Yours almost works the same way, except that the scanner's light is reflected back :)

Hmm.. Nice Hack :D

What I feel is that if high precision is not required, your own may be better. I think ordinary negative scanners are meant for 35mm or 120mm films and not for sheet films like X-rays. I am not sure though.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Try this one first...

If u have Photoshop, then scan negative as normal photo..
Then select image & INVERT colours.
U may get original image.

This works normally.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kumarmohit said:
You need a negative adapter to scan a negative using normal scanner.

Just a doubt. Will the negative adapter be suitable for a large sheet like an X-ray? Isn't it for meant for roll films.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom