Sandy bridge upgrade question

kantiman

Broken In
I have decided to upgrade my system with i5 2500k cpu and geforce gtx 570 (brand ?).4 GB Gskill Ram.
I want to buy a Z68 based motherboard. which brand is good. budget is 12-13k. I have corsair VX550 PSU.
Suggest a cabinet for 3-4k max.

sydbarett

Broken In
You might like to check out the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO. It has *8*8 SLI/Crossfire support. In addition to the regular Z68 features, it has Bluetooth V3.0+EDR and comes with a USB3 bracket in addition to the USB3 ports in the rear panel. Positive feedback on the overclocking quotient too.

OP
kantiman

kantiman

Broken In
What about Gigabyte motherboards. also there is not much difference in asus v and v - pro. I ll not be overclocking much.

sydbarett

Broken In
Gigabyte mobos are available starting 11-12 K. You could try something like GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3. Dont know its availability though. Even the Asus V is a good board if you dont plan to overclock much

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I have decided to upgrade my system with i5 2500k cpu and geforce gtx 570 (brand ?).4 GB Gskill Ram.
I want to buy a Z68 based motherboard. which brand is good. budget is 12-13k. I have corsair VX550 PSU.
Suggest a cabinet for 3-4k max.

for gtx570 look at ASUS GTX570 Direct Cu II

OP
kantiman

kantiman

Broken In
How much does asus gtx570 direct cu cost. How is zotac gtx570.
is it safe to buy graphics card online and where.
My first choice for mobo is asus p8z68 v. if not available then gigabyte.

sydbarett

Broken In
@MegaMind - yes I meant the Asus Z68-V

@kantiman - Check out the CM Storm Enforcer. Around the same budget and a bit more future proof.

OP
kantiman

kantiman

Broken In
I checked CM Storm and HAF912, I didn't find much difference. HAF912 comes with one extra fan. Storm has HDD Cage. How CM Storm enforcer is more future-proof than HAF912

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
How much does asus gtx570 direct cu cost. How is zotac gtx570.
is it safe to buy graphics card online and where.
My first choice for mobo is asus p8z68 v. if not available then gigabyte.

if gtx570 get asus direct cu II. cost can be anything b/w 20k-23k i suppose.
you may also look at MSI R6970 Lightning @ 23k.

Top Bottom