Samsung's redesigned tray.....Your Opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
With their latest models of Optical Drives, Samsung seems to have introduced a somewhat changed tray. Take a look.

*www.samsung.com/Products/OpticalDiskDrive/COMBO/images/comboonlinel.jpg

Do you think this breed of Optical drives will be better than the last? :?:

EDIT: I have one of these models, and it sure seems to work fine...for now. :shock:

mario_pant

In the zone
um..... what change except the removal of that useless volume control and the audio jack?...
just the button seems more highlighted now...

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
from begining SAmsung had tray issues. Hope this might solve it.
BTW I'm sticking to sony only

kato

Karthiksn
actually samsung is still not considered a good dvd drive
but maybe they will start improving on it

nix

exactly...the tray looks same...less difference. but its wait & watch to see if something has really changed inside...for bad or good.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
no matter whatevr they do to the tray design but
samsung+optical drive= buyers nightmare

is the truth .

OP
A

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My current Samsung Optical Drive, which is based on this tray design from Samsung, is brand new, no problems yet....I noticed that internally, the layout of the tray seems the same, but I also noticed that this time the plastic used is harder, and the tray itself is fixed tighter to the drive. With these drives, Samsung also claims a "lead-free" design.....which I think was done just to make them some extra money....

Also, when I eject and close the tray, the sound is a bit different from their previous drives.

BTW, here is the picture of earlier Samsungs for comparison with the new ones..... (the main difference is the edges of the tray....)

*www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Writer/COMBOHalf_Height/images/SM-352F_l.jpg

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
man dunno whats with samsung
they have quality products
look at thier monitors
dunno why dont they improve on the tray problems

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i have a Sumsung DVD ROM, SD616E... (that digit one... :wink:)...

me too facing the Tray problem... some tiome when opned... it refused to stay closed... some time when its closed, its refuses to stay open.... :lol:

OP
A

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The SD-616 series of Samsung DVD drives are popular all over the world for their tray problems. Do you know that one guy posted in some forum that if you remove the plastic body of the drive (SD-616 series), the tray starts to function just fine? :D

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
me too ..

Samsung cd rw, its tray only comes out when ..
i literally punch it .. :evil: n sometimes it just refuses to open .. at all

thank god I have this too... :lol:

*img347.imageshack.us/img347/75/day6cw.jpg

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i dont advice anybody to take a risk with samsung's notorious optical drives .. why take a risk when there are ten other better options available ?? samsung always made shitty optical drives with their "patent pending" tray problem :)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Heh .. This Samsung Combo drive I have its tray comes out by itself .. and it irritates me by opening again and again ..
It even happens before the OS is loaded too so no chance of any virus ..

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
and they haven't got over the buffer underrun problems that are commom in samsung drives , the 8mb buffer does not help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom