Samsung's Matte Screens vs Glossy Screens / Help Me Out

BachatBox

Broken In
I want to buy Laptop,but I am little bit confuse between Samsung's Matte Screens vs Glossy Screens. what to choose.??

So my questions to you are:
1. Does the matte finish seem to lower the resolution? I have read that sometimes it can dull an image. If so, would the two displays appear to be equally sharp?
2. Which screen will provide a better overall feel when watching video & web?

My Prefer Specification:

i5 3gen
Screen - 15.6
GPU - 1gb at least.
Budget - 42k - 48k
Keyboard should have numpad.

My Work:

high Web Surfing, heavy multi tasking, working with Several online software, watching video, some video encoding & editing, photo editing etc..

I just shortlist 3 laptop, but I don't know which is best for me.?

Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-341341) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

HP Pavilion G6-2014TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Thanks in Advance..!

Last edited:
OP
B

BachatBox

Broken In
Expert or senior, experience member of ThinkDigit, please help me out..!

I want to buy laptop as soon as possible.

ratul

█████████████████
it's upto you how you use it, if you mostly use your lappy indoors, then glossy is better, and if more outdoors, then matte..
and yes, glossy has better contrast ratio and colour reproduction then matte, but is heavily prone to light reflections, so it's all your choice..
I use mostly my lappy indoors, so enjoying glossy, but once was travelling somewhere, and noticed that it's really too reflective in sunlight, had to push brightness to max. to see clearly...

OP
B

BachatBox

Broken In
it's upto you how you use it, if you mostly use your lappy indoors, then glossy is better, and if more outdoors, then matte..
and yes, glossy has better contrast ratio and colour reproduction then matte, but is heavily prone to light reflections, so it's all your choice..
I use mostly my lappy indoors, so enjoying glossy, but once was travelling somewhere, and noticed that it's really too reflective in sunlight, had to push brightness to max. to see clearly...

Thank for reply rutul. can you suggest any laptop under 48k.
I don't ever used any matte screen laptop yet. some say matte screen is dull while watching movie, and will see white dots. but some say it's good for health.!?

ratul

█████████████████
Thank for reply rutul. can you suggest any laptop under 48k.
I don't ever used any matte screen laptop yet. some say matte screen is dull while watching movie, and will see white dots. but some say it's good for health.!?

that's rubbish that u'll see white dots, it would mean that the screen would be having some stuck pixels...
and you can have a look at this DELL Inspiron 15R..

OP
B

BachatBox

Broken In
OK you get it.. does Dell Inspiron 15r has numpad keyboard? And it has 1gb GPU, it enough for video and photo editing..?

I hear about dell 15r has Switchable graphics problem.! does anybody facing it..?

Top Bottom