Samsung S5 for 25,000/- OR OnePlus One? Confused.

Flake

Linux User
My friend bought Samsung S5, G900F from Bangkok. It was a gift for someone but he not going to gift it now ( Personal reasons :razz:). He asked me if I am willing to buy it for 25,000/- Its a sealed box and he said that if I don't like it even after using for 2 weeks, he will take it back.
I am confused between S5 and OnePlus One now. I have purchased OnePlus for my father already. I liked it very much and was planning to buy OnePlus for myself this week only.
Samsung S5 offer confused me. I can't increase my budget to buy any other phone.

What do you think guys? I should go for S5 at 25000/- price or buy OnePlus?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
+1 to Oneplus One
1 GB extra RAM, slightly bigger battery, 64 GB internal storage, 5 mp front cam, CM11s, no crapwiz and you'll get warranty. Imported phones don't get warranty IIRC.

OP
Flake

Flake

Linux User
It means Samsung S5 is not good even for 25000/-. I thought S5 is VFM at that price and was going to say yes to my friend.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
It means Samsung S5 is not good even for 25000/-. I thought S5 is VFM at that price and was going to say yes to my friend.

Galaxy S5 is one of the best phones in the market. Its camera is a lot better than OPO, and matches OPO in all other departments.

The problem with the offer you got is that you won't get warranty. OnePlus One is definitely a better choice because of that (and bigger battery and storage space and Cyanogenmod). Also, it is being sold at very tiny margins which no large company can afford.

But a Galaxy S5 at 25k is definitely a killer offer.

OP
Flake

Flake

Linux User
Warranty is not a problem. He has business at Bangkok and other parts of Thailand. He visits over there once in a month. He assured me that I won't face any warranty issues.

Now if I am getting full warranty of S5, do you think its a good deal?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Warranty is not a problem. He has business at Bangkok and other parts of Thailand. He visits over there once in a month. He assured me that I won't face any warranty issues.

Now if I am getting full warranty of S5, do you think its a good deal?

If the phone was good enough at 25k, they should've launched it at 25k and not 53k. ;)
Its just my opinion that 15-20% drop in price is justified over a period of one year after launch but more than 50% drop within 8-9 months is not.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
S5 is at 33.4k on amazon
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Copper Gold): Buy Samsung Galaxy S5 (Copper Gold) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

for screen S5 is better and also for Camera
for battery and performance OPO is better

OP
Flake

Flake

Linux User
Actual price of Samsung S5 is 32,000/- with discount in India and it has Exynos Processor. My friend purchased it at 19000 Baht ( around 36000/- ). Its Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801, 4G instead of Exynos Processor, 3G.

He is giving me at 25,000/- only and thats why I am confused. Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801, 4G price is around 40,000/- in India.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Actual price of Samsung S5 is 32,000/- with discount in India and it has Exynos Processor. My friend purchased it at 19000 Baht ( around 36000/- ). Its Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801, 4G instead of Exynos Processor, 3G.

He is giving me at 25,000/- only and thats why I am confused. Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801, 4G price is around 40,000/- in India.

why don't compare the benchmarks of S5 with OPO
and if u want to spend 3k extra then buy S5

tushargupta

Broken In
S5 is at 33.4k on amazon
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Copper Gold): Buy Samsung Galaxy S5 (Copper Gold) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

for screen S5 is better and also for Camera
for battery and performance OPO is better

i agree...
superamoled of s5 is far superior to lcd of 1+1. same goes for camera hardware and photo processing software.
battery life is much better on 1+1.
performance difference u wont be able to see as both of them have top of the line specs...

OP
Flake

Flake

Linux User
Thanx everyone ! I am going to buy S5. I have purchased OnePlus for my father last month so I am not going to miss OnePlus too. Hopefully, India will be in the launch countries list of OnePlus Two. I will buy OnePlus Two.

Top Bottom