Samsung puts 4GB in a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Samsung puts 4GB in a phone
Who needs external memory cards?

Samsung has developed a 4GB chipset which it claims obviates the need for memory expansion slots in space-starved mobile phones.

The Samsung moviMCP is implemented on a 4GB embedded memory card, comprising two 16Gb Nand Flash chips and controller, 1Gb mobile DRam chip to support the processor and 2Gb Nand Flash memory for general handset operation.

This provides a total memory capacity of a little over 4GB. The design is currently being sampled by phone makers.

Samsung has used the eMMC interface (the MultiMediaCard Association standard for embedded memory) to simplify the management of the various types of Nand Flash.

The design stacks several memory functions vertically further reducing the footprint.

Source

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Sony Ericsson W950i and the Apple iPhone (the lower model) already come with an internal memory of four gigabytes. I think I've heard of other phones too that come with 4/8 Gigs of memory.

What am I missing here? :confused:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I think as 80 GB HDD is getting out of market slowly , By the time it disappears from our computers it will be available in Mobile Phones....
lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom