Status
Not open for further replies.

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
VIEW THIS SAMSUNG PRODUCTS AT GIZMODO.COM

*www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones...from-cebit-samsung-i300-3gb-musicphone-035494

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
actually samsung mobile phones are very very under-rated

this is frm my own experience...

1) There is no phone with smooth zooming in the market... except the samsung ones....

2) Samsung 4x zoom beats SE 4x and Noka 4x hands down

3) Samsung cameras are much much better in he night mode....u can compare for urself

4) The Samsung screeens are much crisper and much brighter than their counter parts. This was axcknowledged even by the Digit review team.. who said they wud like to watch "tv" on Samsung E700's screen

5) Even cell phones like nokia 7610 dont come close to Samsung E700 in terms of clarity, color and contrast... leave aside e800 and d410(262k colors)

6) Samsung's support is absolutely fabulous... compare that to nokia who took 2 months to replace the lcd of my old 3530

7) and of-course the design,..... samsung always rulz in that

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
mail2and said:
There is no phone with smooth zooming in the market... except the samsung ones....
Hmm, dont know why u need this feature, just the ordinary one is good and i am satisfied with it..., u cant tell sms has this smooth zooming and hence i will go for sms phones only.

mail2and said:
Samsung 4x zoom beats SE 4x and Noka 4x hands down
Hmm, do u know that nokia's zoom can be done upto 8X and even zoom to our extent (like 3.67X or 5.98X), there is a software in that case. We can zoom even b4 we capture the moment (even in sms maybe;not in SE i guess).
And by the way, what u mean by sms's 4X is better, 4X is a 4X thats it. It's the cam and the screen resoulution that determine the quality not sms 4X.

mail2and said:
Samsung cameras are much much better in he night mode....u can compare for urself
Hmm..., they may be better than nokia but Se's night mode sucks...phones like K700i has the worst possible cam in night mode that i have seen.

mail2and said:
The Samsung screeens are much crisper and much brighter than their counter parts. This was axcknowledged even by the Digit review team.. who said they wud like to watch "tv" on Samsung E700's screen

mail2and said:
Even cell phones like nokia 7610 dont come close to Samsung E700 in terms of clarity, color and contrast... leave aside e800 and d410(262k colors)
Yes, maybe SMS color thing is good, they have 65k color thing for C100 type of basic color phones as well.

mail2and said:
Samsung's support is absolutely fabulous... compare that to nokia who took 2 months to replace the lcd of my old 3530
hmm..., that depends on where u live that some particular nokia care dealer..., i think we have only 1-2 sms service centres and have almost 13-14 nokia care centers.
I dont have any problems in this regards, they usually give the phone serviced byt the deadline that they have set...

mail2and said:
and of-course the design,..... samsung always rulz in that
Wow, what a totally misleading statement.. :twisted:

See this:
6260 -->clampshell/shivel model
7600 --> leaf shaped
6610/3200/and others -->ordinary bar shaped
3300/n gage --> horizontally bar shaped
3220 --> wave covers, neon lights thing
3100 --> dancing keypad thing when the phone rings
9500 --> 2 lcd's and a pencil box... :)
3660 --> a round keypad thing

Now can u tell the same for SMS?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@grudge: chill out dude...and y r u referring 2 samsung as sms??? man i was thinking of short messages 4 a while there...lol....

now i agree with a few of andy's statements: Samsung screens r always better and crisper than nokia/se....camera is also at times better...design-wise, samsung mostly makes clamshells but i guess some of their phones have real good looks....and even though nokia has different designs, a lot of them make it inconvenient 2 use the phone...like the circular keypad of the 3650...9500 is heavy like a brick...7600 again weird keypad layout...so plz man, no fanboyism frm either of u guys... :lol:

and i dont know abt samsung or ur experience with nokia grudge, but me and my friends have had really bad experiences...most of the guys they hire dont know what they r talkin abt....they will wanna change ur software 4 every small problem u have...

@andy: samsung phones always lack features which we talked abt in E700 vs 6600 :lol:

they have just 1 phone with BT which is really stupid on their part....and this phone was a recent release...they went all these years without BT phones when others had em all along....that's all...just wanted 2 point out a few things...now don't ya flame me....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yup samsung has some problem with bluetooth and their fones :p they forget to include it.. dunnoe why!

btw.. nokia service center??!?! they hv atleast 10 in mumbai and all 10 are USELESS... they took 2 months to change a lcd?!??!

whereas samsung changed my phone's software for FREE even though my fone was frm the grey market....

and doc... zooming makes a lot of difference.... just check any of e700, d410 or e800's cams and tell that the zooming is useless?

G

gxsaurav

about time, that I enter

First, U should know that Mega Pixel isn't everything especially for a phone what matters is fast shutter speed & good color reproduction, Samsung excels in both the condition, so does S700i & 6630, more then Mega Pixel we need a fast CPU to handle imaging in a phone, even a 3 MP Cam & Picture is enough for any casual usage that U can think of from a Phone, what do U think U are going to use it as a replacement to Digi cams, well they support fast processing, & Optical zoom

One more thing, with the optical zoom, with the scope & with the inbuilt one, I wonder how heavy the phone will become, I mean, SE & Nokia & Samsung phones are usually 100 gm at Max, with this it will be 200 gm at least

& really one thing I hate in Nokia & Samsung, that they need their propriety software or any other software (Mobiledit, oxygen Phone manager) to transfer files to the PC, something where SE excels. Yesterday I was trying to copy all the images taken from a X600 of my friend to my PC, & without their own software it said "cannot send more then 80KB, I mean what the hell, we are forced to use it & can't even use the IrDA properly

Nothing in this world is perfect, Samsung does have better Cam in night mode then Nokia & Sony, but they are going the Mega pixel way, where they should go for the other features too, at which SE & Nokia are going

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
about time, that I enter
WOW, this is a picture perfect scenario for fanboys and the others who view this...nokia, samsung and SE fan's in action. :)

gxsaurav said:
First, U should know that Mega Pixel isn't everything especially for a phone what matters is fast shutter speed & good color reproduction, Samsung excels in both the condition, so does S700i & 6630, more then Mega Pixel we need a fast CPU to handle imaging in a phone, even a 3 MP Cam & Picture is enough for any casual usage that U can think of from a Phone, what do U think U are going to use it as a replacement to Digi cams, well they support fast processing, & Optical zoom
U maybe partially correct, but i guess the processor has nothing to do with images...

Understand this logic:When we capture a moment, then the phone searches of free space in the MMC or internal memory..., so if i have a 512mb MMC then my phone will be fast and if i have a 32mb MMC, then it will appear slow...

gxsaurav said:
One more thing, with the optical zoom, with the scope & with the inbuilt one, I wonder how heavy the phone will become, I mean, SE & Nokia & Samsung phones are usually 100 gm at Max, with this it will be 200 gm at least
How can u able to think like that? It's not like that, if i add a fun cam then u might say things like that.., no way there will be any rise in the weight of the phone.

Plz dont ask ur lucknow walla dealers of god's sake...

gxsaurav said:
& really one thing I hate in Nokia & Samsung, that they need their propriety software or any other software (Mobiledit, oxygen Phone manager) to transfer files to the PC, something where SE excels. Yesterday I was trying to copy all the images taken from a X600 of my friend to my PC, & without their own software it said "cannot send more then 80KB, I mean what the hell, we are forced to use it & can't even use the IrDA properly
Hmm..., what's wrong in using it..., and u need a software atleast to detect ur phone and we get more fuctions and features when we use these managers. The 3rd party has a lot of features than the bundled onces which come in free with ur phone

gxsaurav said:
Nothing in this world is perfect, Samsung does have better Cam in night mode then Nokia & Sony, but they are going the Mega pixel way, where they should go for the other features too, at which SE & Nokia are going
Hmm..., in samsung, we have a flash light as well which may be missing in SE and nokia phones, so making it even more stronger case for it.
Also, it has 65k colors in it's basic phones, X100, C100 , C110, etc..., which nokia and SE lacks. So we must agree that samsung is better in vividness and vibrance of color screens.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@grudge: processor does affect the camera because the phone needs 2 b able 2 drive the camera and process the image...faster the processor, faster the image capture....

@gx: an added camera will not add much 2 the weight of the phone...and samsung phones r usually very light....and software that u get with ur phone is always a safe and good bet 2 transfer ur files....nokia PC suite gives u an app installer and other similar software so y wouldnt u use it??? well samsung r tryin 2 get the cell phone and the camera 2 b a single convergence device...what's wrong in that??? and u talk abt optical zoom, 1 day these phones will have cams with optical zoom too....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
actually gx ismaking a cell phone with athlon fx-55 and 6600gt with 2 gb of ram.... :p it'll be called 'Mobile-BI-GX'

samsung has camera related features like multi shot, self shot(match this :p)

again nokia is better with their software and mmc support which is a big plus for download junkies...

SE rulz in bluetooth...

so i guess honours are shared :p

though the reliance abuse .amr file did sound much better on my e700 than on the 6600:p (40-bit sound :p as compared to 6600's 32-bit)

G

gxsaurav

grudge

get your facts right, CPU Speed is responsible for a good image, not free memory, as it is responsible for the color reproduction etc

adding a zoom scope to the camera won't add weight, who told U that?

although the weight increse will be only about 15 to 20 gm

Usually, if we don't have the properity software some place other then our own PC then we cannot share files, suppose U go to a cyber cafe & download something, then U need the software of Samsung or Nokia to transfer files to your such mobile, with SE we don't need any such, true Mobile, use it anywhere. The softwares do give features, but they also bound us to use it only, take a look at SE File Manager, U can share files with or without it, if U use it U can transfer a lot of files in one go, which is a feature not availabel without it, but with Samsung or Nokia, If U don't have the software U cannot share it.

SE phones don't need any softwares to be detected, unlike others, simply plug the bluetooth or IrDA adapter, & transfer files,

Whats the use of a color screen or 10 MB memory if U can' t use it properly

andy

yup, it's a top secret phone under contruction

SE also got Burst mode, care to define what the modes do, the ones U mentioned

Finding a Memory stick due is as easy as finding a MMC, so their is nothing in this factor due to which Nokia excels

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
multi shot= 15 shots in a second.. type of automatic cam...

self shot- u can click ur pic with the help of the outer screen in e700

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
adding a zoom scope to the camera won't add weight,

although the weight increse will be only about 15 to 20 gm
who told U that?
Can u plz justify ur statement? How can a phone's weight increase because of this? First u say 200grams and now 15-20 grams...
gxsaurav said:
I wonder how heavy the phone will become, I mean, SE & Nokia & Samsung phones are usually 100 gm at Max, with this it will be 200 gm at least
gxsaurav said:
weight increse will be only about 15 to 20 gm
first of all the phone weight dont increase and plz dont be silly...

gxsaurav said:
Usually, if we don't have the properity software some place other then our own PC then we cannot share files, suppose U go to a cyber cafe & download something, then U need the software of Samsung or Nokia to transfer files to your such mobile, with SE we don't need any such, true Mobile, use it anywhere.
Ok, will a cyber cafe or our friends house wont have a bluetooth dongle, will they. Cyber cafes dont have any BT dongles...

gxsaurav said:
SE phones don't need any softwares to be detected, unlike others, simply plug the bluetooth or IrDA adapter, & transfer files,
So, whats the big deal? The software will not going to be a problem.. and we get more features by using so...

gxsaurav said:
Whats the use of a color screen or 10 MB memory if U can' t use it properly
What is the use of K700i if u can install softwares like that of nokia and cant expand memory? :twisted:

G

gxsaurav

Hmm, ok, I was wrong in saying 200gm but the weight increse is sure to happen

Ok, will a cyber cafe or our friends house wont have a bluetooth dongle, will they. Cyber cafes dont have any BT dongles...

Well, even with bluetooth dongle Nokia phones require the PC Suite for transfer, are we supposed to carry the software CD everywhere with us

Yo, guys, I never said about K700i or Expandable memory here, just that what are the shortcomings of Nokia, Samsung & SE, even I admitted that non expension of K700i is bad, but now it is replaced with S700i & soon k750i, U can't beat a K750i in anything, it got everything U can expect

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
Hmm, ok, I was wrong in saying 200gm but the weight increse is sure to happen
How can that happen? Can u post some photos of a mobile where the weight i increased?

gxsaurav said:

Well, even with bluetooth dongle Nokia phones require the PC Suite for transfer, are we supposed to carry the software CD everywhere with us
Yes, that's a disadvantage... but the same applies for SE phones as well whether u go to ur friends house to some cyber cafe.... These things are mainly (and usually) done at your place.

G

gxsaurav

wo wo, who told U that

Take a k700i & a bluetooth adapter, go to a cyber cafe, plug the adapterin the USB, port, install the drivers which are usually 100 to 200 kb, or simply upload them somewhre, even in your mail, download it, install, then simply "send files to another nearby computer", no need of any software, have U ever used a SE phone with bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom