Samsung NP370R5E-s05in

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
Btw why ain't lenovo listing this laptop on their website or they are doing and I have missed it? If that's the case do let me know the link
Lenovo website isn't updated yet. If you are worrying about warranty and all, then fear not. Bcz i have confirmed about this model form Lenovo exclusive showroom. Hence this is made for Indian markets.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Q
Lenovo website isn't updated yet. If you are worrying about warranty and all, then fear not. Bcz i have confirmed about this model form Lenovo exclusive showroom. Hence this is made for Indian markets.

Cool. :)

Now am just thinking if I should buy it from Lenovo showroom or some local dealers (not lenovo authorised dealers).
Can we bargain with in lenovo showroom or do they sell on MRP price(fixed)?

What price they quoted you when you visited them?

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
Now am just thinking if I should buy it from Lenovo showroom or some local dealers (not lenovo authorised dealers).
Can we bargain with in lenovo showroom or do they sell on MRP price(fixed)?

What price they quoted you when you visited them?

Very little bargaining at the exclusive store. It was 49.5k fixed for the 2gb gt740m. But for the 1gb gt740m, they had initially quoted 44.5k, and after bargaining, they settled at 43.8k. :p
I suggest u take from a multi-brand retailer or local dealer.

@thinkdigit123: Usually the freebies are cheap quality products (my friend was offered 5 things, but we negotiated & ended up with Dell wireless mouse worth 600 that time).
Try to get some quality products from the shopkeeper............

And don't buy get a pen drive as freebie....... I'll advise u to buy a USB 3.0 pen drive, otherwise u would regret not buying one afterwards

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Very little bargaining at the exclusive store. It was 49.5k fixed for the 2gb gt740m. But for the 1gb gt740m, they had initially quoted 44.5k, and after bargaining, they settled at 43.8k. :p
I suggest u take from a multi-brand retailer or local dealer.

Hmm will see

SunE

Professional Newbie
@thinkdigit123 Good to know that you got it for so cheap! But I'm afraid I can't cancel my flipkart order as I bought it with 6 month EMI option (got no cash left as had to pay for college this month + bought a Grand for my Dad today :p). If I want to buy with full cash I'll have to wait till Puja/Diwali but I need my laptop urgently.

Anyways congrats in advance. Do post some pics & stuff :)

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
@thinkdigit123: Usually the freebies are cheap quality products (my friend was offered 5 things, but we negotiated & ended up with Dell wireless mouse worth 600 that time).
Try to get some quality products from the shopkeeper............

And don't buy get a pen drive as freebie....... I'll advise u to buy a USB 3.0 pen drive, otherwise u would regret not buying one afterwards

See, while getting the lappy on friday i shall try one more thing. I will tell the shopkeeper that i do not want any damn freebies, instead gimme another 400 rs off on the laptop price. :p
Hope he agrees! :p

@thinkdigit123 Good to know that you got it for so cheap! But I'm afraid I can't cancel my flipkart order as I bought it with 6 month EMI option (got no cash left as had to pay for college this month + bought a Grand for my Dad today :p). If I want to buy with full cash I'll have to wait till Puja/Diwali but I need my laptop urgently
Ow! Anyways, congrats to you to!
Lets :high5: bcz we are now gonna be the proud owners of the Z500 with gt 740m!!! :cool: :cool:
:doublethumb::toast:

BTW, off topic, how is the galaxy grand? It uses an ancient proccy, so any lags in gaming? your dad is using it so i guess it wont be put to its extreme use or is he a mobile gaming freak too?? :p :p how is the camera quality?

See, while getting the lappy on friday i shall try one more thing. I will tell the shopkeeper that i do not want any damn freebies, instead gimme another 400 rs off on the laptop price. :p
Hope he agrees! :p

BTW, off topic, how is the galaxy grand? It uses an ancient proccy, so any lags in gaming? your dad is using it so i guess it wont be put to its extreme use or is he a mobile gaming freak too?? :p :p how is the camera quality?

Good......

Grand is a nice phone, just its screen resolution is bad for its screen size(800x480 in 5", ppi < 200). Camera is same as Galaxy S2, flash is better than S2 though. It has dual core cortex A9 made by broadcom, decent, approx same as S2 Plus...... Overall a great dual SIM phone but low ppi...... Its a good phone for normal users, u won't feel the need for better ppi if browsing net in mobile mode.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Thanks & congrats to you too.

Grand is actually a really great phone. First I thought it wouldn't be any good at all but once I opened the box, it simply blew me away. The metallic blue color looks fantastic. Everything is fine and smooth. The CPU is a 1.2 GHz dual core A9 so it's not that old at all. In fact it actually feels snappier than my Note right now :p

My dad plays a couple of games like Highway Rider, Bottle Shoot,etc. just the standard 5-minute break ones. They all work nicely.

Back in college I used a Grand belonging to a senior of mine. He had games like Temple Run 1&2, Subway Surf, Airfix Dogfighter installed and they all worked brilliantly.

Though the screen is low PPI, the quality is really good and it won't hamper your experience. Alll in all a great buy for 18.5k :)

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
I would still prefer the Micromax A116 Canvas HD with mediatek 6589 chipset and PowerVR SGX 544 GPU. And the HD screen is brilliant.
BTW, i use a Canvas 2 A110 now...this is a pretty good phone too. And this comes from an ex-S2 user. ((my S2 was stolen from my hostel. :cry: :cry: :cry: miss u sweetheart! ))

I would still prefer the Micromax A116 Canvas HD with mediatek 6589 chipset and PowerVR SGX 544 GPU. And the HD screen is brilliant.
BTW, i use a Canvas 2 A110 now...this is a pretty good phone too. And this comes from an ex-S2 user. ((my S2 was stolen from my hostel. :cry: :cry: :cry: miss u sweetheart! ))

Now I can remember u............
Naveen introduced me once to u.......

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
Now I can remember u............
Naveen introduced me once to u.......
Ow ya ya ya!!! We are were introduced in Room 401. We were discussing about the Mali-400 GPU in the S2. I remember hazily! :p :)

MODS / ADMINS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. ITS PURPOSE IS SERVED. :)

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
bro if you got your laptop ??
please give us review we are waiting

You are saying this to thinkdigit123. Right?
If so he has already provided his review. Check in lenovo z500 with 740m thread.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175511

Top Bottom