Samsung Lauches New 18X DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Samsung India has announced the launch of its new, advanced "SH-S182D", Super-WriteMaster 18X DVD Writer.

The company claims that the 18x DVD writer can write with the world's fastest speed and support all CD/DVD formats including DVD-RAM.

The SH-S182D can write to DVD+/-R with 18X, DVD-RAM with 12X, DVD+/-R Double Layer with 8X, DVD+RW with 8X and DVD-RW with 6X. These are the fastest DVD+/-R and DVD-RAM speeds in the current market.

Samsung claims that their new 18X Super-WriteMaster takes around 4 minutes and 48 seconds to back up 4.7GB data on a DVD+/-R disc i.e. nearly one minute faster than the standard 16x drives, and less than 17 minutes to burn a 4.7 GB data disc in DVD-RAM format. The drive will also be available in internal and external formats with LightScribe function.

According to Samsung, the consumers can create music, video, photo and data discs easily with the free software that is included in the retail versions of the SH-S182D. Also, with the company's Firmware LiveUpdate program that is included with the drive, the user can get automatic firmware updates and thus keep the drive updated.

In addition, this drive has the special OCTOedge technology for securing the best performance. SAT (Speed Adjustment Technology), TAC (Tilt Actuator Compensation) and Double OPC (Optimum Power Control) are key technologies to achieve the best possible performance. Buffer Under Run Free Technology supports stable writing under high speed; preventing Buffer Under Run Error, Magic Speed and WBS (Weight Balanced System) are technologies to reduce vibration and noise.

The new 18X Super-WriteMaster comes with extra black bezel that enables changing the color of the DVD writer from Ivory to Black by replacing the bezel. The drive is eco-friendly and RoHS compliant, and will be available at a price of Rs. 4700.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, SamSung claims big things!! Put it to the real test it won't come to the mark!!
Also their CD/DVD writers are of very poor quality, gives too many problems.
Only their Monitor products are good. Don't even think about buying their other
products!!

pensiveprodigy

Right off the assembly line
None of us can cum to any sort of conclusion about the product that's gonna be launched in times to come.But those already launched hav many problems .

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
dIgItaL_BrAt said:
will the tray work properly?? :p

still stuck with the Samsung-DIGIT DVD ROM bought in Aug. 2004. the tray did not work properly hardly 4 months. had got it replaced thrice & still its not working.

aditya_1988

Sony's DVD writers supporting 16x are way better.

ssdivisongermany1993 said:
Samsung claims that their new 18X Super-WriteMaster takes around 4 minutes and 48 seconds to back up 4.7GB data on a DVD+/-R disc i.e. nearly one minute faster than the standard 16x drives, and less than 17 minutes to burn a 4.7 GB data disc in DVD-RAM format.

Can anyone tell me what's the difference b/w backing up 4.7 GB data and simply burning 4.7 GB data. Why the two processes consume such different amount of times?

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
aditya_1988 said:
Sony's DVD writers supporting 16x are way better.

Can anyone tell me what's the difference b/w backing up 4.7 GB data and simply burning 4.7 GB data. Why the two processes consume such different amount of times?

cuz the disc formats are different-the 5 min one's on DVD+/-R,while the 17 min one's on DVD-RAM.

aditya_1988

OK! Thanks for that. :D
So there's no difference if we backup something or if we just select those files and burn them.

I think there must be something. I can't remember but I have read it somewhere. Can't say surely! :(

hsnayvid

Journeyman
deathvirus_me said:
Anyone saw any 16x cheap and realiable DVD yet ??? whats the use if we get only 8x one's ??

well.........
writex 16x DVDs are quite reliable and cost under 20 bucks.
(18-20 rs. vary from shop to shop in ghaziabad).
MMore 16x(from moser baer) are crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom