Samsung Galaxy S II

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Maybe the water is not drinkable ;-). Oh I read the whole post, thank you, but frankly I only believe my eyes, not any other things. I really have no idea, why you people are suggesting to not use it when I am getting a very good result! Hmm, I smell something wrong here :-?:-?:-?
You're actually misinterpreting the result. I can tell you so many ways you can improve battery, but ATK is not the way.. I believe in logic.. And logically there is NO way ATK can improve battery.. The only way it may seem you're getting better battery is if you have a rouge app that it kills.. But then if you have a rouge app, its better to remove.. ATK is never the way..

You should also show a bit of trust in veteran android users like myself! If there are SOO many articles on why you shouldn't use ATK, don't you think there is some reasoning behind it?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You're actually misinterpreting the result. I can tell you so many ways you can improve battery, but ATK is not the way.. I believe in logic.. And logically there is NO way ATK can improve battery.. The only way it may seem you're getting better battery is if you have a rouge app that it kills.. But then if you have a rouge app, its better to remove.. ATK is never the way..

You should also show a bit of trust in veteran android users like myself! If there are SOO many articles on why you shouldn't use ATK, don't you think there is some reasoning behind it?
Rogue apps? Lol. I don't even have any apps installed. Look buddy, this is going way beyond discussion. Well, respect to you that you are a veteran Android user, that articles? Lets say they are true too. ATK is not the way? Well I am taking it for the time. But I am not misinterpreting the result, that's I am sure about.
Saying for the 4th time I guess, I will keep using it until I face any problem.
***End of <Discussion> from my side***

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent
Rogue apps? Lol. I don't even have any apps installed. Look buddy, this is going way beyond discussion. Well, respect to you that you are a veteran Android user, that articles? Lets say they are true too. ATK is not the way? Well I am taking it for the time. But I am not misinterpreting the result, that's I am sure about.
Saying for the 4th time I guess, I will keep using it until I face any problem.
***End of <Discussion> from my side***

if you have no apps and still battery sucks then its samsungs bloatware like friend feed , social hubs..etc etc and this is why i love Pure Nexus Phone...no crap..just plain android.
Also , samsung is super famous for excellent hardware and crap software customization they make over plain Android.

And the very 1st thing you should do after buying new phones is do a Factory Reset to start from a clean state....(at least for peace of mind :D)

kalpik

if you have no apps and still battery sucks then its samsungs bloatware like friend feed , social hubs..etc etc and this is why i love Pure Nexus Phone...no crap..just plain android.
Also , samsung is super famous for excellent hardware and crap software customization they make over plain Android.
Yes, its a few samsung services that you need to freeze in order to get excellent battery life on SGS2.. But leave it! He is happy with ATK :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When it will drop at Rs 25k bracket? :))
C'Mon buy it and join the family. I'll wait for ya :wink:

And the very 1st thing you should do after buying new phones is do a Factory Reset to start from a clean state....(at least for peace of mind :D)
Agreed. It's not only one Factory Reset, if I can remember correctly I already did it 4 times.
Yes, its a few samsung services that you need to freeze in order to get excellent battery life on SGS2.. But leave it! He is happy with ATK :)
More than Happy.
I already tried Freezing apps with TB Pro, all the SNS accounts, Software Update option and some other stuffs which are next to garbage :), But that didn't work either as I said before.

kalpik

I already tried Freezing apps with TB Pro, all the SNS accounts, Software Update option and some other stuffs which are next to garbage :), But that didn't work either as I said before.

You're freezing the wrong stuff.. Anyway, if you're happy, nothing more to discuss!

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Is there any other way to update firmware, i tried via kies but my net went for 2 mins and update failed. It happen five times. can i download firmware file n update it via some software.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Is there any other way to update firmware, i tried via kies but my net went for 2 mins and update failed. It happen five times. can i download firmware file n update it via some software.
If Kies isn't working for you then try to flash via Odin and download the firmware from Samfirmware.com. On what fw are you on anyway?

newagebatman

Broken In
I m planning to buy a Samsung Galaxy S II for the following points:

1. as its carrying latest harware, so it should be futureproof
(curse:x the mobile companies for bringing out better hardwares so often that ur new mobile may get old the nXt day)
2. Gud Battery Backup
3. Slim & light Design
4. Xellent screen
5. coz m a casual programmer:twisted:, so wish I would be able to write some gud applications to customise my Xperience, which have been limited during the Java/Symbian era

But my major problem:-? is its connectivity with Laptops.. I have seen some of my friends using Samsung (other model, less than 15k) and facing connectivity issue while trying to connect to internet through mobile. So can anyone share his/her experience with the Galaxy S II.

Also I m planning to get to get it from a mall @ gurgaon... will it be cheaper or someone may reffer some better place:-?

& last but not the least feel free to suggest some better models if available;-) but plz before I pay my bill for the Mobile..

kalpik

I m planning to buy a Samsung Galaxy S II for the following points:

1. as its carrying latest harware, so it should be futureproof
(curse:x the mobile companies for bringing out better hardwares so often that ur new mobile may get old the nXt day)
2. Gud Battery Backup
3. Slim & light Design
4. Xellent screen
5. coz m a casual programmer:twisted:, so wish I would be able to write some gud applications to customise my Xperience, which have been limited during the Java/Symbian era

But my major problem:-? is its connectivity with Laptops.. I have seen some of my friends using Samsung (other model, less than 15k) and facing connectivity issue while trying to connect to internet through mobile. So can anyone share his/her experience with the Galaxy S II.

Also I m planning to get to get it from a mall @ gurgaon... will it be cheaper or someone may reffer some better place:-?

& last but not the least feel free to suggest some better models if available;-) but plz before I pay my bill for the Mobile..
Mobile data tethering works great both via wifi and USB..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It's KE2, can u give me link of official KF3 version?
Firmware KF3- Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Odin 1.85- Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Please read XDA guide to flash it properly,

[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 KE7/KE8/KF1/KF3/KF4/KF3/KG2 download and Root Guide. - xda-developers

Top Bottom