Samsung Galaxy S II

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
@ithehappy: How big is the update? I tried to get it last night, but it said that it needed 3000 MB of free space. If it's close to 3 gb then I can never update it. My connection will take a couple of days just to download it. Also, how much better is the battery backup after the update?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ithehappy: How big is the update? I tried to get it last night, but it said that it needed 3000 MB of free space. If it's close to 3 gb then I can never update it. My connection will take a couple of days just to download it. Also, how much better is the battery backup after the update?
I don't know sir. I just let it connected to USB and the firmware was downloading, I didn't notice the size. But it at least took 20 minutes or may be more to download the firmware, on my 2 Mbps connection. Normally a full firmware sizes around 300 mb, so by that means it took half an hour for me on that speed.
About the battery part, I don't notice any considerable amount of increase, or if there is any at all. But the Voice Commands are working really well now, Swype has got an upgrade and much accurate now. Other things I am yet to notice, as soon as I do I'll post it here.
Regards.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When I purchased Omnia HD three years back I also felt it's huge but gradually got used with it. Same happened with GS II, now after a month of use I am comfortable. Besides my hands are small.

***UPDATE***

Great news for GS II owners, GB 2.3.4, XXKG1 is out, it's available on Samfirmware. You can download and install it via Odin. Installing it might void your warranty, so do at your own risk. For me, I will wait for the Indian version to release.
The link,
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XXKG1.rar

Hrithan2020

In the zone
When I purchased Omnia HD three years back I also felt it's huge but gradually got used with it. Same happened with GS II, now after a month of use I am comfortable. Besides my hands are small.

***UPDATE***

Great news for GS II owners, GB 2.3.4, XXKG1 is out, it's available on Samfirmware. You can download and install it via Odin. Installing it might void your warranty, so do at your own risk. For me, I will wait for the Indian version to release.
The link,
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XXKG1.rar

Great . Leaked or official?

The problem is, I tend to use phone one handed quite frequently. With the bigger phones, accessing the top of the phone , would be quite difficult. GSII is SE Arc's form factor would have been awesome! But, you can't have everything..

After using SGS for almost 1 year, I have grown to like a few of Samsung's physical customisations (For eg. bigger home button, lack of search button, press home button to power on and would hate to go to the 4-key combination...)..

And in SGS 2, I really liked the rotation animation, and the works. Browser was really good.

abhijeet2021

Broken In
Has anyone tried this. Am on 2.3.4

Battery Saving Tips:
Disable Fast Dormancy:
1: Dial *#9900#
2: Press Disable Fast Dormancy
3: Press Exit
Disable Samsung App Notifications:
Settings > Applications > Samsung Apps
Tick Off

Its been 10 hrs and only 15% of my battery is used with wifi always on and some work done and calls.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Has anyone tried this. Am on 2.3.4

Battery Saving Tips:
Disable Fast Dormancy:
1: Dial *#9900#
2: Press Disable Fast Dormancy
3: Press Exit
Disable Samsung App Notifications:
Settings > Applications > Samsung Apps
Tick Off

Its been 10 hrs and only 15% of my battery is used with wifi always on and some work done and calls.
Well I've read it on XDA. But I really don't know what this Fast Dormancy stuff is and if any Indian network support this or not. I've also tried disabling it but can't say for sure that if it helped to save any battery or not.
But one thing is sure, if you wanna get more outta your battery, just install Advanced Task Killer aka ATK. Its doing a fantastic job on my phone to save battery.
Looking forward to buy this phone. Is there any place I can get this phone under 30K?
I thought many stores are selling it for around 29k!

Top Bottom