Samsung galaxy grand duos or Micromax canvas HD???

yomanabhi

Journeyman
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
4.5' to 5.0'
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Touch
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
8 mp
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
both
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Flash, Swype, GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
multimedia and gaming
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung galaxy grand duos and Micromax canvas HD
12. Any other info that you want to share
I want to know form Micromax canvas HD owners, is this brand is reliable??...

shreymittal

Being Human
Is dual-sim your requirement??
If yes Get grand duos.
If no get Xperia L or LG L9

MMX ??? Haven't heard this company yet..

Kidding..

No MMX IS not reliable and i am serious this time.

shreymittal

Being Human
+1.Why don't you go to a store and use grand and L and figure out what you want

Dude he is not saying about L he is comparing Grand and MMX. For god's sake please come out from X:L dream
Hume pta hai tumhari mom sony ka phne lene se mna krdiya hai.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Why not Xolo Q1000?
Same specs as Canvas HD but comes with 4.2 and has scratch resistant glass. ;)

XOLO Q1000 - Buy XOLO Q1000 Black Online at Best Prices in India - XOLO: Flipkart.com

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I'm using Galaxy Grand for past 25 to 27 days roughly, I don't own any better Driod than this, I'm not a gamer in any way so can't comment on this - please wait for other owner to confirm about gaming performance.

As my main priority was Dual Sim + Big Screen, I got the phone from FK when price come under my affordability.

1.Camera is in my opinion is excellent - If you don't compare with other Big Gun's available in the market right now. As immediate Camera sample you can visit here,

Check out Macro Text Sample at Post No.14 all are snapped indoor with the help of LED flash at Macro mode. [6mp wide] *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/broadband...-line-8-years-old-connection.html#post1908979

2.From the day one only one restart needed - reason I moved in high speed in a bike without any coverage, after I open it asked me to restart. Thats it.

Maybe I don't game so I got Zero restart experience.

3.If the Tower Signal is low this phone try aggressively used power to get hold of the network - This I experienced - Result abnormal battery deplete/drain . In a normal day phone get passed whole day without any need of Battery Recharge except gaming with 2g + 3g Standby and 3g Mobile Data On & Voice call.

4.Never used any live wallpaper + Power Saving Mode + Motion Control - Can't comment on that...As I always keep the phone face down (Paranoid about Camera Glass) and I believe Motion Control may drain battery faster.

5.Mostly used 3rd Party app on my grand - Tapatalk/Teambhp app,Tweet Deck,Gmail & Inbuilt Client for Hotmail,Air Driod to connect the phone with my PC,Any.DO,Fuel Log,Call Recoder,Adv Task Mgr for killing task.

6.One more thing to add - never try/need to watch any movie on the phone - So can't comment.

From the Day 1, I'm running Dual SIM 2g+3g Stand By mode, sometime 2g+2g mode. Past 25 days for 24x7.

Last edited:
I think OP needs a dual SIM phone....so I recommend Galaxy Grand.

I'm using two phones for this reason S2 & an old Nokia colour phone:mrgreen:

kool

Cyborg Agent
Buy XOLO Q800
Its been one month, and i'm damn happy with this device, never restarted/freeze yet, no lag at all. Bought for Rs.11k from ebay with discount codes. I've installed 80 apps with few HD games like : Ironman, dead trigger , asphalt etc. using 8GB microSD. best camera quality among other phones in this range, it supports HDR also.

*img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/21/e9evumeg.jpg
*img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/21/y2uzesu4.jpg

OP
yomanabhi

yomanabhi

Journeyman
initially i thought about LG Optimus L9, but it quite hard to find in Chandigarh.
And lg don't have resale value. My lg cookie gave me hard time selling it (thanks to lg low marketing), at last i had to dump it garbage.

In samsung grand although having low resoultion and ppi, it display is quite OK (i used it, in croma store)

Like use guys i also don't trust MMX, but digit have given good reviews and it was sold on launch (as mmx claims)
I just wanna ask Micromax canvas HD owners , is this really reliable in long term.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And lg don't have resale value. My lg cookie gave me hard time selling it (thanks to lg low marketing), at last i had to dump it garbage.

forget resale value. all that matters is how you feel using the mobile. the resale value becomes around half each passing year. try selling a Galaxy S (launched 4yrs ago) and it'll not bring in even 10% of its price. so buy mobile based on the spec mainly unless you are one of those who swap an almost new mobile for a brand new launch. buy a mobile which is almost close to perfect and have really less -ve points and you mayn't feel the need for upgrade even after multiple successors are launched.

In samsung grand although having low resoultion and ppi, it display is quite OK (i used it, in croma store)

i have used Grand and it is true that the screen is really sharp even with 180ppi but open any webpage and you'll find the first sign of the bad display. another problem with grand is the battery backup. it falls short of all other Samsung mobiles out there. Biggest strength is camera with excellent clicks on both low as well as normal lighting condition.

Like use guys i also don't trust MMX, but digit have given good reviews and it was sold on launch (as mmx claims)

i never go with Digit reviews. MMX mainly have 3 problems: after sale service, build quality and lastly updates. micromax is more interested in launching new mobiles but when it comes to A.S.S they come last. and serious lack of updates is another major issue. Being an indian manufacturer, the community support will be far less so any problem arise will have to be fixed by the company which we all know won't happen. there was one bug with flipboard or something in Canvas HD and yet to be fixed. I won't say XOLO is superior but at least they do update their mobile regularly. And LG/Samsung has community support so if you face reboot issue or the screen flickers, etc the community is there to help you out on most.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
forget resale value. all that matters is how you feel using the mobile. the resale value becomes around half each passing year. try selling a Galaxy S (launched 4yrs ago) and it'll not bring in even 10% of its price. so buy mobile based on the spec mainly unless you are one of those who swap an almost new mobile for a brand new launch. buy a mobile which is almost close to perfect and have really less -ve points and you mayn't feel the need for upgrade even after multiple successors are launched.

You couldnt be more wrong you know?
Samsung have a great resale value as my mom who has a Galaxy S which was bought for 20k 2 years back has a resale value of 10k which is 50% of its price which is great for a 2 year old phone.
LG and other companies cant beat Samsung in that term like it or not...
Also it was launched 3yrs back not 4...

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
at least they do update their mobile regularly
Give me a link please ? This is the first time, im hearing this

You couldnt be more wrong you know?
Samsung have a great resale value as my mom who has a Galaxy S which was bought for 20k 2 years back has a resale value of 10k which is 50% of its price which is great for a 2 year old phone.
LG and other companies cant beat Samsung in that term like it or not...
Also it was launched 3yrs back not 4...
Either you are very lucky or the buyer is incredibly dumb..
Brand new Seller warranty Galaxy S was being sold for 11k before it dissapeared off the market..
Its very hard to imagine someone selling a 2 year old Galaxy S for 10k
sam has a point, dont rely on resale value while buying a phone..

Top Bottom