Samsung 56v problem..due to rainy season.Can it be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
guys! I am having a strange problem with my Samtron 56v monitor for last few days.When i start my computer the picture looks very hazy for a few minutes then it gets back to normal.One of my friend said that this is due to the high humidity in the rainy season.Is it true?
Or my Monitor is damaged.Any idea?
I have confirmed that my computer has no problem(by plugging in another monitor).Its the monitor that is giving problem so no driver issue for sure.
Thnx in advance

Sourabh

Laptoping
yea its normal due to high humidity in Rainy seasons

The picture appears hazy for a few minutes and comes to normal on its own after a few minutes ok keeping it on

I guess this happens to only the old TV and Computer monitors coz i have faced the same problem with a old LG Studioworks monitor and a Videocon 29" TV

expertno.1

Technomancer
well these days is the rainy seasons of my area and i am facing the same ..but could be any solution to this >?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
People in monsoon areas sometimes face weird problems caused by moisture, especially if the product has been collecting dust for some time. The dust absorbs moisture and provides electrical leakage paths.

The problem can originate at various points, and high-voltage areas are particularly susceptible.

There is a solution, but not everybody may be up to the job. You have to have some technical skill and be careful not to damage the product. The thing to do is to open the TV/monitor and clean and dry everything inside. Me, I use a brush to loosen the dust and blow it out with a small air compressor. You can also use a small vacuum cleaner to suck the loosened dust. Then I use a hair dryer to dry out the insides. After that, wait for several minutes to give it a chance to cool down before turning it on.

Some notes of warning : Remember to unplug everything from the mains first, and also remember that certain capacitors inside the monitor can retain high voltages for quite some time after the power is turned off. You can receive a nasty shock if you poke around carelessly.

The picture tube itself also acts as a high-voltage capacitor. The single thick wire (usually red) that goes into the picture tube via a rubber suction cup (usually at the top) carries more than 20,000 volts. And a large percentage of that voltage can be retained for a long time even after power is off. So be careful !!

With such a high voltage, the area around the suction cup needs to be clean. The area surrounding the cup is generally safe - just don't poke under it.

Another point to remember is that the picture tube is made of glass, and the neck (the part that extends towards the back) is especially fragile. There's a high vacuum inside the tube and if the glass is cracked, it can implode and send broken glass flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom