safest overclock speeds forGF4 440 mx 128mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav_more

Journeyman
i want to know what would be the safest (or most stable)clock speeds after overclocking GF4 440mx 128 mb.my current speeds are eng:280mhz memory:271mhz.i am getting scared to go above these(or any other).please help me. :?

theraven

Technomancer
get the latest nvidia drivers
overclock in the smallest steps
when ur game / pc hangs
restart
it'll automatically rest to safest settings ( or default i forget )
there is a safety option right there in the overclockin window of the driver ... make sure u select that first

Naga

Broken In
All card have diff. sensitivites(for lack of a better word!). A GeForce MX chipset doesn't give us any clue to the OCCing capabilties. A card built by Asus or MSI would go higher than say a S-Media. The only way to find a safe limit is to OC by small increments, say 5-10 mhz. OC both the core and memory in equal increments. Then run the most graphics intensive program u have for atleast an hour or two. If there's no graphical corruption/BSOD, go higher. Also if u have a HS/fan over the chipset, u can go higher(most GF 4 MX have just a HS). Just bear in mind that OCcing will void all guaranties/warranties and will also lessen the life of ur card. Happy experimenting!!

G

gxsaurav

Dependson what U have Fan or heatsink, on my FX5900XT which has both HSF on RAM & Fan, coolbits autamatically said that the optimal overclcok will be 462/783 MHz up from the default 390/700 MHz clock speed

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Follow the advices raven and naga posted, keep incrementing and then playing games on ur card. If u have installed coolbits then there is an option to autodetect optimal clock speeds. The Asus Geforce MX 440 i had could go from 250/333 to 290/ 430 and stay stable at those speeds. However all chips are not made equal, so ur's might go higher and be stable or might do less than that.

Also lookout for texture corruptions, crashes etc so u know that u have reached the threshold of the card and it can't take anymore. At ths point reduce the clock speeds by 10Mhz and then check again. Also install Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net .......drivers are probably the best drivers available for Nvidia and ATi cards.

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
i will download the drivers from omegadrivers.but do i have to remove the old drivers or can i install over the old ones.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
sav_more said:
i will download the drivers from omegadrivers.but do i have to remove the old drivers or can i install over the old ones.

read the instructions. When you double clik the exe the file will get extracted somewhere under Program files/Nvidia Omega drivers. Then through hardware manager replace the drivers. thats it. There are two choices Improved quality and improved performance ones. Choose the performance drivers, a good trade-off between image quality and performance.

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
what does agp apperture size in bios mean?.currently it is 64.will increasing it to 128 do any good?.i have 256 mb ddr ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom