Safari coming to Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
BTW, here's a quick tip for the people who try out Safari. You can type 'apple/getamac/ads' in the address bar to go to '*www.apple.com/getamac/ads/index.html'. It automatically inserts '*www.' and '.com'. :smile:

Here is a quicktip for Other OS users. Try doing the same in Firefox & Opera. Already working.

Address bar completion is only for those previously entered addresses.

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
gx_saurav said:
Originally Posted by Rohit
First impression - Beta, goes out, uninstalled in like 10 minutes. Not giving a retry till final release, and I put more RAM in laptop. FFx is enuf of a RAM eater for me as of now.

GX its Mohit not Rohit!, you see.

gx_saurav said:
5) No Adblock or extension support. Safari Mac plugins do not work in Windows. Oh well, Windows has Ad muncher :p

Is there any free alternative to admuncher, except AdBlock in FFx, like something that uses AdBlock lists for providing systemwide protection.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Sorry Mohit bro

Nope I don't think so there is any alternative to Ad Muncher

Hey arya, shouldn't you sig change now :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I found a really cool thing in this new version of Safari. It now supports search-as-you-type and has a really cool way of showing it. :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pathiks said:
Too heavy on resources... Better than IE6 but cant match OPERA.....
Of course it can't. Opera is the best web browser in the World. I would have been using it myself if it had a decent Mac version.

I still do keep it around for those rare websites that demand Internet Explorer (I know only one yet, the BSNL DataOne portal). Opera bashers' prime argument against it is that it is not compatible with many websites and I use it if I ever face compatibility issues with Safari. LOL! What an irony! :lol:

As for being better than Internet Explorer (even version 7) - well, if any developer claims that he has written a web browser, you can automatically assume that it is better than Internet Explorer. :p

Pathik

Google Bot
kumarmohit said:
And oh iPhone will have AJAX apps too.
as for this... i suppose the AJAX apps ll run in the safari browser???
Then all advanced browsers ll support the AJAX apps on ny platform.. not only iPhone

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Never heard of AJAX support on Symbian's Web. It cannot even play Youtube videos, leave alone, running Google Documents or AJAX Write, that runs only in FFx.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
I found a really cool thing in this new version of Safari. It now supports search-as-you-type and has a really cool way of showing it. :D

Something Firefox has been doing since version 1.0. Eye opener for you arya...click for video

Safari: Sux like All Apple Applications for Windows.

goobimama

 Macboy
Forum: Support for Safari for Windows BETA

*discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1188

As for complaining about bugs, it isn't fair cause they have "rightly" tagged this as BETA.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Something Firefox has been doing since version 1.0. Eye opener for you arya...click for video

Safari: Sux like All Apple Applications for Windows.
OMFG! This guy is completely nuts!!

When did I ever say that it is a brand new, innovative and outlandish feature? I know just as well as you do that it already exists in both Firefox and Opera and has been there for a long time. I just said that it is now also there in the new version of Safari and is really cool. Why do you feel the need to stick something nonsensical after every reply I post! (And I totally cannot believe that you actually made a video and posted it here. Have you no life at all! :eek:)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
nah...aaj coaching nahi hai :p

Now I know arya is calling me biased & safari is the most useless browser after lynx on Windows. But there are 2 good features in safari one of which is first of it's kind. Kudos to Apple for thinking about this.

1) Safari can resize those text boxes you have in Browser. Like here in digit forum when u post a reply u get a text box to write on. Safari can increse or decrese the size of this text box on the fly, which although breaks the webpage but is also good if u r getting small fonts.

2) Well, it is available in Firefox since long before. Just that safari high lights it better. When you search for something like arya mentioned it highlights the word found in whole page & shows it in search bar below the tab bar.

*img470.imageshack.us/img470/9897/untitledbe8.th.jpg

It still sux though. To many rendering bugs & slow speed, can't customise at all.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
goobimama said:
Forum: Support for Safari for Windows BETA

*discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1188

As for complaining about bugs, it isn't fair cause they have "rightly" tagged this as BETA.
i thought betas were released so tht users can find bugs and report :?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
To many rendering bugs
Which site are you getting rendering bugs on? Safari, unlike Internet Explorer, has passed the Acid 2 test and renders pages accurately.

gx_saurav said:
slow speed
Subjective opinion, of course, but Safari is the fastest browser I have ever used. I prefer Opera due to its extensive feature-set but I still use Safari due to the loads better user interface and the awesome speed.

gx_saurav said:
can't customise at all.
*www.pimpmysafari.com/

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Arya, i am talking about Safari on Windows not on Mac. Of course it is optimised for Mac but sux on Windows. Try installing any plugin available on pimpmysafari.com on Safari for Windows Plz :D

Which site are you getting rendering bugs on? Safari, unlike Internet Explorer, has passed the Acid 2 test and renders pages accurately.

See teh first page, Quickime.com

Subjective opinion, of course, but Safari is the fastest browser I have ever used. I still use Safari due to the loads better user interface and the awesome speed.

Yup, subjective opinion. It sux on Windows, Firefox rules in speed.

Ya ya we know u like to use the OS at default settings.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
See teh first page, Quickime.com
LOL! You think that Apple's own website does not render well on Apple's web browser! :lol:

gx_saurav said:
Ya ya we know u like to use the OS at default settings.
Yes, I do because the default settings do not suck, for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom