S4. Should I buy new battery?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Not the stock one or whichever i get.

- - - Updated - - -

And ever since i upgraded to lp chrome and facebook keeps crashing and wallpaper turns to default blue.

I used to use face unlock feature before but it is missing.
Have Googled for it and now the new bullsheet called trusted face is not showing anywhere in security.

Get a good charger, I mean it doesn't have to be Samsung, but I am sure you are not using a Chinese one!

And full wipe the phone (recovery- master wipe, cache, dalvik and whatever else is there) I mean install the Lollipop cleanly. Take backup if needed before, with Titanium Pro (not Nandroid), restore stuffs later.

No idea about Face Unlock, I don't even use a lockscreen.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Thanks for ampere. Till now battery health is showing good. Will see after fully charged.
Btw lollipop suckks most of my calls are received or rejected in pocket itself.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks for ampere. Till now battery health is showing good. Will see after fully charged.
Btw lollipop suckks most of my calls are received or rejected in pocket itself.

LOL, how is that possible? Did you have time to do a fresh installation?

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Didn't have time for fresh installation.
I had cleared cache from recovery but sooner again the wallpaper reset started when using Chrome.
But at least someone provide solution provide solution for that call problem.
I keep my cell in pants with screen side towards me but this thing never happened in jb or kk. Sometimes the cell would hang and i can't receive or reject call.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
But I have installed the firmware fresh from odin without resetting phone data.
Secondly when I put earphones it shows "unfortunately recommend apps has stopped"

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You need to get time to do a fresh installation. That is the procedure. Dirty flashing will always give problems.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
So i have reformatted the phone about 5 times, fresh installed firmware, removed bloatware and reinstalled apps.
But at some point chrome still crashes and the wallpaper turns blue.
Just a waste of day it was.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
So i have reformatted the phone about 5 times, fresh installed firmware, removed bloatware and reinstalled apps.
But at some point chrome still crashes and the wallpaper turns blue.
Just a waste of day it was.

just reflash Touchwiz Kitkat again after wiping the phone COMPLETELY
use it stock for 2-3 days minimum and see performance
dont put ANY apps to monitor battery etc

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Battery is running fine. But apps like chrome, newstand, opera crash unknowingly. Never happened in jelly bean or kitkat.
S7 or s10 whatever crap they gonna sell this is my first and last samdung phone.

$hadow

Geek in making
Battery is running fine. But apps like chrome, newstand, opera crash unknowingly. Never happened in jelly bean or kitkat.
S7 or s10 whatever crap they gonna sell this is my first and last samdung phone.

That is a lollipop issue not a OEM issue.

$hadow

Geek in making
actually its all 3-
Lollipop,Touchwiz and Exynos all of which are poorly made
so yeah its also an OEM issue in this case

Well as far as I have seen for the first time touchwiz is performing properly. Rare lag is visible even in phone dial-er.

ankushv

Journeyman
I have i9500 on stock lollipop . No app crashes at all ( I do a clean install , cache and data wipe from recovery and install rom from Odin ) but battery life is just as bad as before . Barely a day . Compared to that my moto g dual sim (2013) lasts at least 50% more .

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
For me only some apps requiring Internet access crashes. Now i don't want to repeat the same procedure mentioned above.

$hadow

Geek in making
compared to stock android Lollipop yes
but not when compared to Kitkat 4.4.4 stock

I haven't seen 4.4.4 touchwiz so can't comment there but lollipop is looking better. I bet 5.1.1 will iron out many of the issues.

Top Bottom