S2 Epic touch 4g CDMA

thydigit

Broken In
S2 Epic touch 4g CDMA Vs LG Thrill (Updated)

I found someone who can unlock it for reliance, but he gave an option so that i can trade S2 CDMA for LG thrill GSM.

- S2 I have to stick with Reliance and not sure about the network when changing the phone in future? (Currently on Airtel gsm, have to port to Rel CDMA)

-- LG thrill, poor batter life (as read on reviews and opinions)

So now i want to know is it a good deal? Shall i exchange the S2 for new LG thrill.

This is gonna be me first smartphone, currently using rokr E6. So i dono much about smartphone specs. But in the above LG thrill has an advantage of GSM.
i tried to compare on geekaphone but S2 tops Thrill (ignoring the radio feature the score difference is high) Pretty confused, so will decide based on suggestions i get here. Thanks in advance!

---------Old msg--------
Hi all,
Client of mine sent me a S2 Epic touch 4g which was a CDMA. He thought CDMA phones are common in India like US. Now I want to know what i should now. Some are telling I can use with Reliance EVDO by asking reliance to unlock it, some say reliance wont do that. I contacted a guy at ebay whom
sells the same mobile unlocked for reliance, but he asks 2.5k and i need to send the phone, which i'm not feeling good. Any advice would be great. Also I will sell it if someone can use it.[/I]

Last edited:

andro

Broken In
Google for a forum known as Rimweb.in or something similar...I am very sure your phone would be easily get unlocked to work on Reliance/Tata/MTS CDMA network.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
No, these phones can only be unlocked on the network level by Reliance guys... Something to do with registering ESN... these US based CDMA phones don't have a SIM card or UIM card slot... So, the only way to use these phones is to register the phones directly on the network.

I have seen people on TechEnclave forum getting this done for 1k to 1.5k... If you know someone who works for at Reliance Webworld outlets, then it can be done...

Also, as Andro said, RimWeb is a good website where you might be able to find people who can get this work done.

I ported my number from CDMA to GSM for this same reason... poor quality, overpriced CDMA handsets available in India, and its too hard to use US-based CDMA phones...

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
Thanks for your replies :smile:. I contacted a person from the forum, who can unlock.

Please chk the updated request and help me! Thanks :D

Top Bottom