S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@thunder, CMR games was never a sim.:wink: (trust me:D), CMR was always a little Sim. + a little Arcade.

if you dont trust me, then play CMR & RBR (Richard Burns Rally), & you'll see the difference.

@Harvik, RBR is a FULLY BLOWN SIMULATION RACER, the worlds most toughest race game (even in noob mode :D). [ this is the reason why RBR was never famous:(]

i'll never recommend RBR to anyone, coz it needs the players to be HARDCORE RALLY FAN & a SIMULATION FAN.

ohhh dude CMR is easy once you know how the cars handle.

CMR can run on even a 256MB RAM PC with onboard gfx.:D

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dudes stalker is so realistic that u will think its bullcrap when u dont have good graphics and sound cards. the sounds are awesome man

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
having some probs with the fps.can nyone suggest the ideal settings applicable to my rig?

plz reply.i am finding it really difficult to hv decent fps.ny suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
play on static lighting(dynamic lighting requires 7600gt)
and 800x600 res
drop down the far distance

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ These things works on hit-and-run principle.
Try and increase the settings one at a time.
Like first increase the resolution to 1280x1024,
then increase AA and AF, toggle shadows and other things.
When your game starts to slow down or when the fps become very low. Then use the previous setting.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
AA doesnt work for S.T.A.L.K.E.R coz it uses deferred shading.

yeah try altering resolution, dynamic lightning, shadows and draw distance setting.

At last set the grass density less for clear viewing when u crouch.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Hey Guys .... I started this game for the fourth time ..... Got two true endings and one false ending..... But i rushed through the game without much exploring .... So now i have started all over again :D ...

I patched my game to 1.0005 .... Now i have a strange problem .... I am still at cordon .... I have not yet taken the first special mission itself .... Still exploring that bandit camp , railway bridge .....etc

Now suddenly the stalker camp gets attacked by millitary.... I joined the war too ... at the end no one was left not even a single stalker nor the millitary (Even the millitary camp close by is also empty everybody is dead )... Now I cant find the trader in his room :confused: ... Iam not able to get the first mission itself.... Cannot proceed in the game ....:confused: Did anybody face this problem .... Is it because of the patch ....

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How can the trader(sidorovich) be dead ? he is in underground shop na ?

If u mean that Wolf is dead then there is no problem, another one replaces his place but yeah its strange that military wiped all of them there and they too got wiped...lol...funny

Patch 1.0005 fixes many things but I never ran into such a situation.

Better post your query in GSC stalker forum.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
The trader(Sidrovich) is not dead ..... But he is simply missing ... He is not in his underground cell .... Its empty..... And wat is that GSC Stalker Forum...

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
try to load a previous savegame where things were ok (remmebr to save the game at crucial points, i hav some 300 saves till the town of pripyat).

GSC stalker forum is the official forum by the developer company GSC.
The forum seems to be down at the moment.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Completed stalker and managed to get 5 endings including the true ending .If you have the Decoder from the hotel room in Pripyat, you may continue
playing the game and learn the truth behind the Monolith, a.k.a. the Wish
Granter. I have heard that there are 7 endings , now searching for remaining two .

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah the 2 true endings will be after a unique final level atop of nuclear power planta. Its one of themo st brillinat piece of imagery.

You can still open the door if you have RPG or Gauss Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom