Ryzen 5 1600 build for 50,000 Rupees. Help a newbie!

TanveeK

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Video editing & Gaming. I'm not a professional editor but I create content on Youtube. I use premiere pro, photoshop, illustrator and after effects. I don't care about 4k editing, though if I can manage it within my budget, well and good.

I don't play many AAA titles and I'll be happy if I can play them at medium settings. I'm also interested in recording gameplay videos and putting them up on my YT channel. So I would expect the P to handle this workload.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 50,000. Please suggest something within this budget but if it becomes absolute necessary to extend it by 2000-3000 I may be able to do so.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 tb at least

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Bigger the better (Though I would prefer brand name over screen size), Please suggest something which will suit my content creation and gaming needs.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse and Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never built a desktop before and I'm planning to do it on my own.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Lucknow. I would prefer to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'm interested in Ryzen 5 1600 and GTX1050. I'm concerned about the BIOS update issues. Do online sellers deliver updated BIOS?

I would love to get a RGB cabinet with cool looks, though it's not absolute necessary if it doesn't fits the budget.

Also, what do you think about Ryzen 5 2400g? Will it fit my needs? It comes with integrated graphics so I can wait for Graphics card prices to comedown before purchasing.

Thanks for your time!

OP
TanveeK

TanveeK

Right off the assembly line
I'm looking to build a new PC for the first time and I have no idea which motherboard should I get for Ryzen 5 1600 and gtx 1050ti 4gb. Which features are the most essential while choosing a motherboard? I'm going with 8gb ram for now and I will upgrade to 16 gb later, if required. I'm not planning to overclock.

What do you think about Gigabyte GA-A320M-HD2. This is inexpensive but will I be sacrificing on too many features? OR should I increase my budget and look for something like GIGABYTE GA-AX370-GAMING Motherboard, which is available for 8000 on MDI Computers.

My primary use of the rig will be video editing and gaming.

Help out a noob! :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You don't have sufficient budget for a decent video editing rig. And forget about 1000 series Ryzen, you have 2000 series for the same price with better performance. Either go for second hand market (for all the component or few) or wait till gpu prices come down. I don't know how long that will take, it may take months or years.

Minion

Conversation Architect
RYZEN 1600-13,900
Gigabyte GA-AB350M-D3H-6000
ADATA DESKTOP RAM XPG GAMING DAZZLE SERIES – 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (AX4U2400W8G16-SRD)-7,500

SEAGATE DESKTOP HARD DRIVE 1TB BARRACUDA (ST1000DM010)-2,800
CORSAIR CX650M-5,700
Corsair SPEC-ALPHA White-Red-4,800

Not Adding GPU as new gen are releasing soon but if PC is urgent then you should get a GTX1060. I am not suggesting 2400G because the price difference is 2k but 1600 is much better

Last edited:
Top Bottom