running half life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommygecko

Broken In
hey guys!I've a P4 2.4 ghz processor 512 mb RAM an ATI Radeon 9800 card!Does anyone have an idea of whether half life 2 will run on my pc.if yes,then what are the recommended settings :?: :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
U have more than enough requirements for running Hl2 not to mention even Doom 3 at higher Res :D

Btw the settings i guess Turn on every eye candy options that ya see in it....and also remeber to Turn on AA and AF.....i'll see if i can find more approp settings for ur card :wink:

Edit: ok found a tweak guide website *www.tweakguides.com/HL2_3.html

Happy playing :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Actually HL2 isint played online. You just have to login to Steam when you install the game so as to validate and unlock the games encrypted files. After that the game is ready for offline play. Also Steam checks for updates everytime you run the game.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
With your config u can play HL2 at very high resolutions.
But check out the maximum resolution & refresh rate supported by ur monitor.

G

gxsaurav

Half life 2 is optimized for ATI cards so U will be fine, again your CPU, & RAM is enough

Although the performance of Doom3 might hurt a bit as it is NVIDIA Optimised

tejesh

Broken In
ctrl_alt_del said:
Actually HL2 isint played online. You just have to login to Steam when you install the game so as to validate and unlock the games encrypted files. After that the game is ready for offline play. Also Steam checks for updates everytime you run the game.
Does that mean HL2 requires net connection to work?
Don't tell me. I don't have net connection on my PC. :(

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
nahh there is a trick
which i read on steam the forums
hope it works for you
hit the steam.exe
just wait a while
steam wont be able to connect the net
so it goes offline
and then starts the game

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
That's only if he has already activated the game, downloaded and decrypted all game data, applied the updates, chosen to let the Steam client remember his account name and password, and downloaded 100% of the game data. Only then will the Offline Mode be unlocked. Otherwise, Steam will just quit with an error.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yes Tajesh, HL2 requires the net connection during the time of installation of the game. You will need to let Steam client connect to the Valve servers and download and decrypt the data that is required to make HL2 ready for offline play. The time taken to do this depends upon your connection, so dial-up users can expect a wait of around 2 to 2.5 hrs.

I would suggest you haul your PC to some friend who has a net connection or to any cyber cafe that would allow you to do so.

Sourabh

Laptoping
dude first mention whether u have a genuine or pirated edition of the game

otherwise all the hard work and time consuming posting goes to trash cans

if u have a genuine copy, u may need net connection

if u have a pirated hacked version, u dun need ner connection

PERIOD

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
yes, steam funda by valve has actually discouraged the buyers of orignal copy of hl2.
Who wants to go through all that mess of activating the game?Specially not in India where we have more dialup users then the broadband ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom