Router below 1.5k & Configuration issues

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I tried this last weekend but couldn't update the post here. I was not able to connect to modem after setting up the PPPoE config on my PC and setting up HG630a on bridge mode. This is the error message I received.

Imgur

I give up, on setting up HG630a and W8968 in bridge mode.

I am planning on switching broadband to ACT now. Will this W8968 will work with ACT? If yes, what complications i might face to setup the WiFi connection as W8968 doesn't have a RJ45 connector like other models. It does have LAN/WAN port which supports cable broadband connection but I am asking about how difficult is the configuration part in this?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems like issue is with HG630a in bridge mode,if possible I would like to take a look at it personally but I don't know anyone with this modem among people I can visit.

ACT connection should be simple plug & play of its lan wire into WAN port of W8968.Only case where one needs to "configure a cable broadband connection" is when cable broadband use static IP but ACT use dynamic IP as far as I know.However do remember to check that under wifi security settings the password encryption is set to WPA2 only & not WPA2+TKIP because that will limit max wifi speed to 30-35mbps(found this out when helping a friend with his cable broadband connection & supplied wifi router).

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It seems like issue is with HG630a in bridge mode,if possible I would like to take a look at it personally but I don't know anyone with this modem among people I can visit.

ACT connection should be simple plug & play of its lan wire into WAN port of W8968.Only case where one needs to "configure a cable broadband connection" is when cable broadband use static IP but ACT use dynamic IP as far as I know.However do remember to check that under wifi security settings the password encryption is set to WPA2 only & not WPA2+TKIP because that will limit max wifi speed to 30-35mbps(found this out when helping a friend with his cable broadband connection & supplied wifi router).

You might be right, there is a problem and it's pointless to stick to it. I just lost all the patience to work on that Huawei modem.

So I will be switching to ACT most probably. 1298 with tax for the 100mbps plan and additional 500 for the router. If I could ask them for charging this 500 as I will be using my own router then I will definitely swtich to ACT for a month. Will decide by next month if I need to keep Airtel or switch to ACT on permanent basis. I talked to Airtel cc and they told me to keep this connection inactive at the charge of Rs.200/month. So I will be doing this nstead of paying Rs.1300 bill.

Does anyone have any idea about the downtime of ACT in Chennai? In Bangalore it was literally any time of the day or night for 1-2hrs, though only twice in a month I guess.

Top Bottom