Router below 1.5k & Configuration issues

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I asked him the same thing. He told me he will switch that Binatone model with some Huawei model. Then I will have a new default username & password. Gonna try the bridge mode then if I still face the ping spikes
I am still facing the connection drops so I have finally decided to use(after procrastinating for months) the new router which I bought.

I am going to follow these steps .
*whirlpool.net.au/wiki/adsl_modem_router_bridge_mode

Is it ok? If anyone has link to better tutorials then please post here. Thank you :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just change connection type to bridge in modem,connect lan wire from any lan port(prefer 1st lan port) to WAN port of router.In router settings select connection type as pppoe & enter username/password of your adsl connection(not the username/password of adsl modem).I am assuming modem as ip address/settings page address 192.168.1.1 & router having address 192.168.0.1.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just change connection type to bridge in modem,connect lan wire from any lan port(prefer 1st lan port) to WAN port of router.In router settings select connection type as pppoe & enter username/password of your adsl connection(not the username/password of adsl modem).I am assuming modem as ip address/settings page address 192.168.1.1 & router having address 192.168.0.1.
Will try this and update here. Thanks for responding :)

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I set the WAN as bridge mode in modem and have entered correct PPPoE username and password in router. But I am unable to access the internet.

Modem IP : 192.168.1.1
Router LAN IP : 192.168.0.1 (I changed it manually after the setup as router address was same as modem)

Also, I am not able to get modem GUI page when I am connected to router on 192.168.0.1.

What did I do wrong?

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Am I not able to connect cause w8968 is not a pure router and connecting two modems doesn't work?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
W8968 can act as a pure router(it has a EWAN port for that purpose only). Explain in more detail how are you connecting your modem(name model etc) with your W8968(don't call it router as it gets confusing). First post screenshots of settings of your modem(remove user id/password/mac id etc) when it is working correctly(aka net access) & then post screenshots of only those settings you are changing when connecting it with W8968.Also post screenshots of settings of W8968 that you changed for connecting it to your modem.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
My Airtel VDSL modem is Huawei HG630a. I am trying yo set a bridge connection between HG630a and W8968. I have followed this tutorial
Setup Bridge Mode - Huawei HG630b | Spark NZ
and suggestions from this thread but couldn't get my internet work.
HG630a - 192.168.1.1
W8968 - 192.168.2.1

I have created the Bridge mode settings in HG630a to connect to W8968.
1. Now how do I enable it and get the internet access in W8968.
2. Do I need to disable WLAN in HG630a before setting it up in bridge mode?

Please help me setup the connection to 5GHz.

Attachments

• WAN_Bridge.png
    WAN_Bridge.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 239
  • WAN_connected_edited.png
    WAN_connected_edited.png
    133 KB · Views: 228
  • WAN_PPPoELogin_Edited.png
    WAN_PPPoELogin_Edited.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only 1 connection can be activated at any time,as per screenshots TR069..vid100 is enabled but in 2nd screenshot connection type is shown as PPP which is not bridged.Also tutorial specifically mention to use a new connection not using tr069 as service list.

Select WAN connection as "disabled" for TR069 connection(the current connected one),select "internet" as service list for other_b_36 bridge connection type & then try.Unless it shows as connected the bridge connection you created is not working.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
When I disabled the WAN on HG630a then the status from Connection changed to Pending and I was not able to use internet even with LAN wire. I am posting the screenshots of all the settings of HG630a. And also of the W8968 which shows no internet connection.

I have no clue what am I doing here.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/8f6e899b35db63f6451c7b333f714b07.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/7cabd81fb09abd2149c1d0ecf379efb2.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/04996337a04e75ebf556d326db23ca36.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/7590fc04d442c654e5b18154c6229860.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/ba4afa2eac8b95a2b99d4bb54eb831b7.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^pics are not clear,probably because tapatalk or your capturing software reduced the quality.Use imgur & use highest quality(aka don't compress pics quality,use png which is a higher quality format than jpg).

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ah. I will post pics imgur links.

Edit : Imgur

Is this ok? The screenshots in PC format are from HG630a and the mobile one from W8968.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Now pics are fine.Check that wan connection enable is not selected for any connection except that internet_b_1_36 bridged connection.Also for that bridged connection uncheck any bind list connection.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Imgur

So this is the updated configuration. I have unchecked all the Enable checkbox from WAN settings except the bridge one. No bind list is selected as well. Then I did a Power Cycle off/on for modem and router. Still no luck.

If you see the WAN IP in the W8968, it says 0.0.0.0. is it normal?

Do I need to disable DHCP on router. If yes then how. Could subnet settings on both HG630a and W8968 be creating problems?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
When using 2 networking devices then DHCP is to be enabled in one of them only.Since the modem will be in bridge mode there is no need for dhcp in modem.Check if this static routing is present in other connections properties too.Also try removing this static routing entry for this bridge connection(just to be safe make a note of this static routing entry so you can add it later if required).

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I disabled the DHCP in HG630a and removed the static routing settings as well. Then I swtiched off both the modem and router. Started the router first and then the modem after a minute. This also did not work. It always says the disconnected in HG630a status page.

*i.imgur.com/FLY0vON.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok,first thing to do is to test if bridge mode can even work with this huawei modem.Remove W8968 for now.Focus on getting huawei to work with bridge mode directly connected to pc.Setup the huawei for usual bridge connection setting & then directly connect it to pc via lan wire.Also enable DHCP in huawei for this test.Next use your windows new net connection wizard to create a pppoe connection with username & password(airtel connection login) which will create a shortcut on desktop.On double clicking this shortcut a windows will come up asking for username/password.After entering the info the connection should start with net connectivity showing.If this doesn't work then bridge mode is not working with huawei(in which case experimenting with W8968 is useless).

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ok,first thing to do is to test if bridge mode can even work with this huawei modem.Remove W8968 for now.Focus on getting huawei to work with bridge mode directly connected to pc.Setup the huawei for usual bridge connection setting & then directly connect it to pc via lan wire.Also enable DHCP in huawei for this test.Next use your windows new net connection wizard to create a pppoe connection with username & password(airtel connection login) which will create a shortcut on desktop.On double clicking this shortcut a windows will come up asking for username/password.After entering the info the connection should start with net connectivity showing.If this doesn't work then bridge mode is not working with huawei(in which case experimenting with W8968 is useless).
I will try this and update here. Sorry for late updates.

Top Bottom