Robocopy NTFS Permissions to WS and AWS

Zfloid

Right off the assembly line
We need to Robocopy NTFS permissions from windows server 2012 to windows server 2019 and to AWS S3 at the same time?
what is the best way to throttle the connection when we need to copy from our local machine which contains windows server 2012 to windows server 2019 or to AWS S3?
we need the throttling because we note that the copying job takes all the speed of our bandwidth.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
See if this helps(read all comments):
*blog.nold.ca/2015/07/limiting-bandwidth-using-robocopy.html

Also see this in combination with above:
*social.technet.microsoft.com/Forum...copy-data-transfer-speed?forum=winserverfiles

OP
Z

Zfloid

See if this helps(read all comments):
*blog.nold.ca/2015/07/limiting-bandwidth-using-robocopy.html

Also see this in combination with above:
*social.technet.microsoft.com/Forum...copy-data-transfer-speed?forum=winserverfiles
Thanks whitestar_999 for your help, however I saw these links before but reading the comments as per your advice gave me some ideas to follow.

Also, I would to say that these ways on the links to limit the speed is not very effective with the clouds as I saw before, now I am trying 2 tools to check which the effective one to achieve my needs, the tools called Resilio and Gs Richcopy 360.

Also solving the NTFS permissions is a high priority

OP
Z

Zfloid

@whitestar_999 Thanks , All my requests handled by Gs Richcopy 360, now I can copy the NTFS permissions normally from windows server 2012 to windows server 2019 and to AWS S3 at the same time and I can control the speed, I am OK now

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 Thanks , All my requests handled by Gs Richcopy 360, now I can copy the NTFS permissions normally from windows server 2012 to windows server 2019 and to AWS S3 at the same time and I can control the speed, I am OK now
Good to know your problem is solved. :)

Top Bottom