Rig upgrade required.

Hello everyone.

I am currently looking to upgrade my computer. My primary purpose would be playing CS: GO. With my current setup I'm not able to play at a smooth frame rate (frame rate stays around 120-150 but drops below 50 if there is too much action going on at a particular moment) unless I decrease resolution to 1024*768 or lower.

I have filled out the questionnaire below.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Counter Strike: Global Offensive maxed out at 1600*900 (300fps preferred)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10-15k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not needed.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a 20 inch dell monitor which outputs at 1600*900.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: The items I currently own are:

Dell IN2030M LED Monitor.
WD Blue 1TB HD.
G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1833Mhz.
ASUS M5A97 Motherboard.
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Processor.
Sapphire HD 6850 1GB GPU.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have a good amount of knowledge about assembly and disassembly of desktops.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Online is fine.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
:facepalm:
"300fps preferred"

For 15k budget, you'll get a GTX 1050Ti and extra 4GB DDR4 1833 Mhz ram. And that's all you can add to current rig. Your monitor is locked to 60Hz. No point in going higher than 60 fps because the monitor will skip those extra frames.

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
I know it sounds dumb to say that but if you actually try to play the game @ 60 capped then everything seems too laggy. Movement and flicking seems slow and jarry.

This is the article that would explain my situation: 60fps vs 300fps very noticeable... on 60hz monitor. How is this possible, if the monitor can only display 60fps? • r/buildapc

"300fps preferred"

For 15k budget, you'll get a GTX 1050Ti and extra 4GB DDR4 1833 Mhz ram. And that's all you can add to current rig. Your monitor is locked to 60Hz. No point in going higher than 60 fps because the monitor will skip those extra frames.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I know it sounds dumb to say that but if you actually try to play the game @ 60 capped then everything seems too laggy. Movement and flicking seems slow and jarry.

This is the article that would explain my situation: 60fps vs 300fps very noticeable... on 60hz monitor. How is this possible, if the monitor can only display 60fps? • r/buildapc
Never put a cap on fps by yourself. Anyway, those two parts I mentioned would fit into your budget and you can increase the settings to max without any worry for csgo.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
"300fps preferred"

Not for competitive online games. There will be difference with higher framerates even on 60Hz monitor.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
OT : Can anyone really confirm that framerates higher than refresh rate actually make any difference ? Apart from placebo sources, anyone did any review about this .. ?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
60Hz monitor can only pick a frame every 1/60th of a second to display. If computer is also rendering one frame for every 1/60th of second, that frame will have the information of the game state anywhere in past 1/60th second not the latest. Say your computer is rendering infinite frames per second, now when monitor is about to display the frame, it always chooses the latest rendered one, the one which has the most up to date information related to game state, network, mouse and keyboard inputs etc which transforms to smoother gameplay, less input lag etc.

This obviously doesn't matter much to single player or casual multi player games. But for competitive games, it definitely matters.

It's very easy to feel the difference too by yourself. For me, smoothness from 60fps to ~200fps is perceivable and it becomes less and less perceivable higher I go but I always aim for highest fps I can.

Top Bottom