Rig for Editing,Rendering and Casual Gaming

fractalnoize

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly a Editing and Rendering rig. Applications such as Adobe After Effects and Plugins, Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Around 90k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Most Probably. Depending on workload.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO. I own a Dell IN2030M. 1600x900.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Plan to reuse Monitor, PSU Corsair 550w , 500GB HDD, Keyboard & Mice and may the cabinet

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Sometime within this month (OCT 2016)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes built by myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai. Open to buying online as well. I would prefer Lamington though.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I also would like to change the Cabinet but that is optional for now. I would prefer a white transparent sided cabinet. Budget can be extended to 10 - 12k. Also is there any shop in Mumbai where i can sell the old computer ?? Any info would be appreciated.

If there is a thread that has the same exact query as this one please direct me towards it.

Thanks in advance.

A

amit.tiger12

^go with lamington road.. buy all products in one store, discounts warranty guarantee support replacement will be provided at its best if you buy like this..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -112K (Skylake Rendering/Editing RIG)

CPU- Intel Core i7 6700k -26000,
MoBo- Asus Z170 Pro Gaming -14500,
CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212X -3000,
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz -5000,
SMPS- Seasonic M12II 620w -6500,
Keyboard/Mouse- Logitech G100s Combo -1500,
Monitor- LG 24MP88HM 24" LED IPS -14500,
Cabinet- NZXT S340 White -6000,
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
SSD- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -7000,
GPU - Zotac GTX1060 6GB Amp Edition -24000.

Total Cost: 1,12,000.

Buy Seasonic PSU from amazon.in or overclockerszone.com

Buy NZXT S340 cabinet from primeabgb.com

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Dont go with your existing components, like Corsair VS550. This PSU is like a ticking time bomb.

Also your existing monitor does not do justice for rendering purposes.

So suggested the best possible and fast rendering RIG that money can get.

Go with it and buy all components from 1 shop so that in future service of those components will not be an issue.

You can ask for discount if you buy from 1 place.

PS: You can sell your existing Rig in either erodov.com or techenclave.com forums or both.

jodo_c

Broken In
+1 to bssunil rig. Primeabgb has a shop in lamington get it from there bro. They are good and provide proper bill.

A

amit.tiger12

^or you can go for old people's favorite shop "PC Guide" in lamington road, some computer repair guys suggest this one, (corner shop, near police station opposite to best bus stop)

OP
F

fractalnoize

Broken In
^or you can go for old people's favorite shop "PC Guide" in lamington road, some computer repair guys suggest this one, (corner shop, near police station opposite to best bus stop)

I will check the place out. Thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

+1 to bssunil rig. Primeabgb has a shop in lamington get it from there bro. They are good and provide proper bill.

Yes. It's the first shop in my mind to buy from. Thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

Budget -112K (Skylake Rendering/Editing RIG)

CPU- Intel Core i7 6700k -26000,
MoBo- Asus Z170 Pro Gaming -14500,
CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212X -3000,
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz -5000,
SMPS- Seasonic M12II 620w -6500,
Keyboard/Mouse- Logitech G100s Combo -1500,
Monitor- LG 24MP88HM 24" LED IPS -14500,
Cabinet- NZXT S340 White -6000,
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
SSD- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -7000,
GPU - Zotac GTX1060 6GB Amp Edition -24000.

Total Cost: 1,12,000.

Buy Seasonic PSU from amazon.in or overclockerszone.com

Buy NZXT S340 cabinet from primeabgb.com

Dont go with your existing components, like Corsair VS550. This PSU is like a ticking time bomb.

Also your existing monitor does not do justice for rendering purposes.

So suggested the best possible and fast rendering RIG that money can get.

Go with it and buy all components from 1 shop so that in future service of those components will not be an issue.

You can ask for discount if you buy from 1 place.

PS: You can sell your existing Rig in either erodov.com or techenclave.com forums or both.

The Corsair PSU is hardly a year and a half old. Do i really need 600+ PSU?

Also what would be a rough price for the old rig to sell for ? I don't even have the slightest idea for it.

Thanks for the complete setup suggestion . Very appreciated

mohitblue

Right off the assembly line
This thread could help me decide my new rig too. I dont want to start a new thread because I have just this doubt, hope OP wont mind me posting here. Could someone do a brief review of popular cabinets and PSU in threads here - it gets too confusing otherwise. If CPU+MOBO+GPU configuration is freezed for i5-6600K + ASUS Z170 + gtx-1060, then please suggest cabinet - Antec GX300 or CORSAIR SPEC-03 or NZXT S340 or something else. And PSU - Seasonic 520W (S12 or M12..whats the diff for this config) or Antec VP550P or something else. This could be useful for many.

Top Bottom