Review my rig please..

cricketinfo

Broken In
i want you guys to review my FIRST rig and help it build better and cheaper..

HERES THE RIg... Budget 25k (without Moniter - would use my hdtv for the pupose)

1. Processor - AMD 3.8 GHz FX 4130 Processor (6k) - this is the biggest worry, Can This handle Adobe After effects and AUTOCAD.. Is there really any ohter alternative in the price range...

BUY FROM
Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com...

2. MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard(5.6k) - I think, there must be other cheaper options available which i have failed to find.. suggestions are welcome.. but please keep in ming motherboard must support FM3+ (upgrade proof) and ram cloaked at atleast 1600mhz.. 1333mhz is not preffered... and it must allow overcloaking...

*www.flipkart.com/msi-970a-g46-motherboard/p/itmd...

3.) iteOn IHAS124-04 DU DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive (1k) - cheapest i could get online...

Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com...

4.) HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (5.8k) - Best choice to suffice my gaming needss which is GTA4 , Fifa 2012 and batman akram city..
its fairly priced too...

5.) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) (4k) - Cheapest 8gb i could find that supports 1600 and can overclocked to 2100.. shloud suffice my need.. i plan to add another one in 6 months time...

6.) Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM002) (3k)

7.) Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU (3k): I have no idea how much power would be required by my rig.. please guide me on this..

*www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs450-450-watt-psu/p/it...

HELP : I have overshot my budget and am little worried aboud components being compatible with one anothers.. so please guide me on a better rig..Also i would use the ris on my FULL HD LED TV... comments on that too...

p.s : SAME POST MADE ON AN INDIAN FORUM CALLED THINKDIGIT...

Thnxs in advance and you guys rock...

still no reply ... thats sad....

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Get a FX 6100 instead of that .. FX series is really weak in single threaded applications
Also these days, u need a minimum HD 7770 to even call it a low end gaming rig .. Dont settle for anything less than that.. even the HD 7770 is gonna be outdated soon, so be extra careful while choosing a GPU
Everything else is fine.. you can go for Antec VP450p, Corsair CX430v2 also..
Remember, HD 7770 cant power FHD at high settings on most latest games, for that you need a HD 7850 minimum

OP
C

cricketinfo

Broken In
Thxs for the help.. Should i really spend 5.6k on the mobo... and fx 6100 is slower per core performer as it is based on bulldozer while 4130 is vishera and 15% faster on single core... and would 7750 do.. 7770 is out of my budget...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: AUTOCAD , ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS , GAMING .... to be used with my led hd tv....

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k-27k max...

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500gb shld suffice.. (have been livin with 120gb till now)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: monitor, cabinet.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in a months tyme

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: no.. u gotta start somewhere..

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: yupe local and o9...

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: wld use hd tv as moniter...

BombayBoy

Journeyman
Thxs for the help.. Should i really spend 5.6k on the mobo... and fx 6100 is slower per core performer as it is based on bulldozer while 4130 is vishera and 15% faster on single core... and would 7750 do.. 7770 is out of my budget...

AMD FX x1xx series are all Bulldozer (Zambezi)
AMD FX x3xx series are all Piledriver (Vishera)

do not go with the Bulldozer platform

you could check FX 6300 on bitfang.com

FX 6100 black edition (7167)
Asus M5A97 R2.0 (6127)
Corsair Value Select 4 GB 1600 MHz RAM (1900)
WD Blue 500 GB (2900 shoule be the local price)
Corsair CX430V (2500)
Sapphire/Asus HD7770 1 GB (8000)
Logitech MK200 KB & mouse combo (750)

total: 29300

OP
C

cricketinfo

Broken In
ok. just chckd again and yes i was wrong 4130 is bulldozer which means none of the vishera cpus available in india... and is it wise to spend 6.1k on that mobo (costs 7.1 on flipkart)... is it really better than MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard(5.6k) in any way....

shreymittal

Being Human
msi has discontinued its products in India means No after sales services nothing

*hardwarebbq.com/2013/04/msi-india-...icare/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/172850-msi-closing-shop-india.html

Last edited:
OP
C

cricketinfo

Broken In
i actually did the same post on toms hardware too... Think digit and tomshardware are two forums i believe in!!!

beside, msi hasnt DISCONTINUED... it has taken the distribution in its own hands.. DIGICARE still handles everything else right from support to replacements.. so that shldt be problem.

AND WHY THE PHUK VISHERA CPUS STILL ARE NOT HERE..(10k at bitfang doesnt count)...

beside shld i go for this cnfig suggested by one at toms hardware....

Your CPU+Mobo+ RAM = 17,438

How about a A10-5800K + 1866 RAM and no discrete GPU?

8560+ 4250 + 5000 = 17810
amd-a10-5800k
asrock-fm2a55m-dgs-motherboard
/corsair-vengeance-ddr3 (2X4gb)

In the future, you could add the 6670 and get a performance boost by enabling Dual Graphics.

*AMericans think 6670 is enuogh for gaming...i aint sure...
*sorry for not writting @names .. i dont know nyone uf you.. takes tyme to find names...

HD 6670 IS ENOUGH FOR LOW LEVEL GAMING. please mention your monitors resolution. if it is as low as 1366*766 ( mine :( :( ) then it can play mid to high.

Shiva

OP
C

cricketinfo

Broken In
wll have to settle for that i thnk... and i was considering intel i3 3210 processor instead of amd (lot of negetive word on the net)... is that fine...

in case 7750 would handle at full hd .. i am willing to extend my budget by 1.5k (will wait for a month and save and hope for th best)??
also have changed my processor and mobo while everything else remains the same..

MOBO - *www.flipkart.com/asrock-h71m-dgs-motherboard/p/itmdgd6ecfzggd7v?pid=MBDDGD6EUESHA6Z3&ref=299a7807-f33c-43fc-8fb1-2ce01276c087

Processor - *www.flipkart.com/intel-core-i3-3210-processor/p/itmdg24gyttdf5jf?pid=PSRDG24GWXZHY4CB&ref=af6f1b59-8e73-4ab9-aac5-da3e3242009d

^there is no problem with amd, if act the a10 is more powerful than the i3 3210 . The HD 7750 can handle high settings of most games at 1366*766. Do not know about full HD , wait for other members opinions on that.

Reg. motherboard.

Don't go for as rock, it's after sales service is very bad here.try getting the gigabyte version of it. Don't get msi also as they are pulling out of India.

Reg. processor

It is nearly the same as the 3220 , but it cheaper , so got for it.

Shiva

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
^there is no problem with amd, if act the a10 is more powerful than the i3 3210 . The HD 7750 can handle high settings of most games at 1366*766.

AnandTech | Bench - CPU
As you may clearly see intel kills AMD one in all single threaded operation...
Just remember that its 8 cores vs 2physical+2logical cores & check in the Photoshop & gaming results (OP's main requirements)..

&
if 7750 is slapped into this it will leave the AMD in dust & not to say TDP of intel proccy is lot less than AMD one..

as far as 7750 is considerd it is almost 6770 which is good enough for 1600*900..

so i say i3+7750

AnandTech | Bench - CPU
As you may clearly see intel kills AMD one in all single threaded operation...
Just remember that its 8 cores vs 2physical+2logical cores & check in the Photoshop & gaming results (OP's main requirements)..

&
if 7750 is slapped into this it will leave the AMD in dust & not to say TDP of intel proccy is lot less than AMD one..

as far as 7750 is considerd it is almost 6770 which is good enough for 1600*900..

so i say i3+7750
name any 5 single threaded softwares which require above moderate CPU power/usage.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
name any 5 single threaded softwares which require above moderate CPU power/usage.

Sorry sir i cant.

but if one uses his senses properly he can see that
1.i3 has a clear advantage in photoshop & games
2.it consumer much lesser power as comp. to amd counterpart
3.also he or goes amd way he limits himself to a max of hd6670+hd7660G which is inferior to hd7750 due to troubles of asy.cf

Top Bottom