Restore by the command window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Can I run the System Restore applet from the command prompt itself in Windows XP Home Edition. Which means I neednot go to start --> all programs --> accessories --> system tools --> System Restore, and instead use the command prompt to restore to an earlier date. But also please note that I do not want to start the GUI interface from the command prompt window, what I want to do is directly issue a command in the command prompt and the system should be restore automatically.

i guess win xp provides an option to start system restore at the time of bootup - meaning that instead of booting up normally, ur comp boots the system restore. :) (try pressing f10 at da time of boot-up)

But i dont think that there's an option to run system restore from the command prompt. :(

chiao! :eek:

theraven

Technomancer
the bootup option of "use previously good configuration" is much different from system restore
at every boot up it makrs the config ... if it boots properly that config is saved as last known good config
whereas for system restore u need to either set the date manually or its done automatically sometimes when certain drivers /software are installed
as for command line version of system restore ...
hmmm
i hope these help
*support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom