Restart Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijit basu

Broken In
HI.I have a 2 year old rig of msi 6600gt which was burnt once and had to be repaired for rs 6000 and 1 gb ram and a 120 gb ide hdd[which is currently in the seagate service centre for burnt hdd] along with an msi rs480 mb which had to be changed thrice in the course of 3 years..So my luck isnt exactly good..
Also the problem is that while playing games[when my compu is running,that is]
the pc restarts after a random time interval. the problem is probably with the PSU which is a generic one,and I think my cabinet is too clumsy and not at all ventilated.[didnt know at that time that these things mattered].
So now I want to make up for the lost times,and make sure that this pc becomes rock solid,and I think a change of cabinet and PSU is in order. so,I have a budget of around 3.5K.So guys please help me out and decide what to do with this rig,which is supposed to be very good,by the standards of 2 years ago,and I want this rig to be up and running for the next 2 years,and without any restart problem.Help is required urgently..THANKS..

kooabs03

Banned
there are two options:
1. iball 441 (400W smps)- if u wish to use the same config for few more years. will cost u ~1600/-
2.Zebronics Antibiotics Cabinet w/o smps for ~2000/- + zebronics pure
platinum smps 500W for ~2400/- if u wish to use the same cabinet for
future upgradation.

OP
A

arijit basu

Broken In
I also thought about the antibiotic case..I heard good reviews of it.and how abt powersafe??I heard they are also good??so how is a powersafe 450W??is it available for 24 pin?and what is the price?
And do u think that these 2 upgrades will solve my restart problem??/

hello!!!anybody listening??

Last edited:

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
y dont u post ur temps of hdd n proccy, use speedfan to get the temps. maybe that wil confirm who the culprit really is.

OP
A

arijit basu

Broken In
I think it is the problem,as when I bring out the cabinet and open it and play games,it takes much longer time for a restart to occur...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom