requirements to become a graphic designer Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeX

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys
I am new to this forum. I have read some issues of this wonderfull mag when I was in India .Now I am in Dubai. I am running a photo studio/lab with my dad.
recently I was thinking of doing some other job while correspondingly managing my dad's business.I saw many job offering in news papers recently that there are many job offers for post of graphics designers in UAE.Since it was what I was doing earlier I thought I can persue this career
But I don't know what r the requirement for being a pro graphic designer
What all softwares one have to learn to become a pro in this field.
I have completed a course in web designing focussing mainly photoshop, flash , dream weaver etc
I have tried Illustrator and it seemed like a walk in the park because I had much experience in photoshop.
Also while working in Studio I have learned the a variety of works in photoshop as it is the main tool in my business.
But I am a perfect novice concerning 3DS MAX . I have heard it is very important to be a expert in this software if u want to persue
this profession
I do not want to learn this by going to some institutions as I have heard that the trainers here are absolute mudheads and courses r expensive both on time and money
So I do not want to take a chance on this. it will be great If U guys can Give some links to video tutorials or atleast text tutorials that i can download and learn all the
required softwares
I got the 3DS MAx software but it seems so complex to digest. that is why I am asking U guys
If there are other softwares which I have to learn please input that information also

Also if there are professionals working in this field Than please input ur valuable advices so that I can also follow ur path. If anyone know good websites/ forums featuring articles regarding graphic designing please provide links here.
Till now I could not find a guy working in this field in this forum.

M

make money

• Get involved with design forums like HOWdesign, About Graphic Design and The Graphic Design Forum. Connect, contribute, grow and kick back with industry peers from all levels of experience, and stay current on trends, best practices, etc.Logo mills and contests sites, whose business model are founded on spec and almost always include a designer needing to surrender their rights to all of their work without compensation, prey on unsuspecting designers who generally want to earn a living in this field. Giving away your work for the possibility of compensation isn't "business," quite the contrary it's no business.
  • Don't be afraid to be different from the pack and visually explore refreshing ways to reinterpret existing styles (particularly if you studied your design principles well—always remember where you came from to know where you're going)...you never know who the next creative vanguard will be.

D

daily jobs

You only get one chance to make a first impression, so it's essential that you have the right design to catch the eye. It's a wise investment, then, to recruit a competent graphic designer who can make an impact and reflect your business's professionalism.
Whether your business is just starting out, or you're looking to refresh look of an established company, a graphic designer will be able to help with everything from logos to product packaging. We have a range of Approved Graphic Design companies based in the UK who have a wealth of experience in creating the right image for your business. We have pre-approved designers with expertise in these areas and more: daily jobs

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom