Requirement of Large screen phone (second phone)

Sarath

iDota
TLDR : Requirement is for a second phone. I have a need to upgrade my ageing OnePlus 5T and have decided to finally get a worthy replacement in the form on Asus ZenPhone 9, as and when it releases in India. Meanwhile I need a second phone for official purposes, mainly to see Xrays and reports, make calls and little else.

1. Budget? 20-30k Can go to flagship levels if really justified
2. Display type and size? Need a screen that is as big as it can get while still being able to hold in one hand. Landed at 8inch after seeing the Lenovo M8 with a colleague.
3. Dual sim? Not necessary
4. Preferred choice of brand? None
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Not impotant.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Whatsapp and calls (99% requirement), occasional surfing the web. Main reason for big screen : To see more easily medical reports, read Xrays and medical articles
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Lenovo M8 FHD 2nd Gen (Older model- Android 9, micro USB charging in 2022, slow on heavy usage) Top contender due to the only high PPI screen among all others
Lenovo M8 HD 3rd Gen (Newer model - Android 11, USB C, same processor as 2nd gen but lower quality screen which is a deal breaker)
RealMe Pad mini (too large to hold in one hand, looks good, lower resolution screen) low on the list due to too big a screen and low resolution.
No other options because I couldn't find any more 8inch phones/tablet with calling devices

10. Any other info that you want to share

Requirement is for my second phone and 3rd number.
Primary number is for personal usage
Secondary number is for all hospital related calls and usually denotes some important medical emergency etc (so can't give this away to non-medical personnel)
Third number - I have planned to get a new number to share with patients and I am increasingly being asked for it for various logistical reasons but I always refuse. Now I need it for streamlining my operative cases and to followup as I can't remember all my cases due to increased workload. So decided to get a new number and use it exclusively for patients. This will involve sharing reports or Xrays and a bigger screen will help. Calls will be rare; few short calls if really needed. Hence the requirement as stated above.

This 2019 model Lenovo M8 FHD 2nd Gen still feels like the best phone/tablet screen wise, but I am skeptical about the older hardware.

---

Thank you

I see no point in considering that Lenovo M8. It will be laggy.
Good tablet options aren't much - Mi Pad 5 is a great tab but is 11" large. These are tablets not phones.

For a mini tablet, iPad Mini might be worth considering, but has cons in form of restrictive OS & high price (still not sure if LTE model has calling).

You can just get Moto G82 in upcoming sale & be done with it. It has stock android, so will feel easier to use coming from the old Oxygen OS (newer one is copy of Oppo's UI). G82 will be 18.5k in FK's upcoming sale.

Top Bottom