Require specification 4 Desktop i3

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
[/COLOR]if you are building the rig for gaming then i dont recommend a 4k graphics card
you can easily get a good graphics card with amd based rig

+1. if gaming 1st priority , throw away your idea of i3. get a AMD Athlon II X4 @ 5k + a sub 6k crossfire supporting mobo. & a midrange graphics card like HD5670 or HD5750. @ 35k, u'll get a far better AMD rig with good mobo & fast proccy. but Intel wil give u i3 + a crappy H55 @ 6k (intel original), that doesn't even support crossfire :rofl:.

if u want an AMD rig for gaming with crossfire support. do let me know. wil configure 1 for u.

OP
nihu

nihu

Broken In
Thanks.Gaming is not my priority,Autocad appli and Minor video encoding are my req.
Does AMD supports DDR3 RAM?I dont want to go 4 ddr2.according to my req you may give me spec.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks.Gaming is not my priority,Autocad appli and Minor video encoding are my req.
Does AMD supports DDR3 RAM?I dont want to go 4 ddr2.according to my req you may give me spec.

yes, AMD surely support DDR3. ok heres a good config for 35k:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8Ghz: 4.9k
Motherboard: Biostar TA785G3 HD: 4.3k //support 140W cpu & 128Mb DDR3 onboard//
Ram: Transcend 2 X 2Gb DDR3-1333Mhz C9: 5.5k
Hard Disk: WDC Blue 500Gb: 2.3k
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5670 512Mb GDDR5: 5.3k
Optical Drives: LG 22X DVD SATA: 1.1k
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W: 2.2k
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma: 2k
Monitor: BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor @ 6.8k
Keyboard Mouse: Logitech Internet Pro Desktop: Rs. 0.6k

Total: 35k. these are real market prices so the total should be below 36k.

ok if u want crossfire, change this:
Motherboard: Biostar TA790GX A3+: 5.5k //affordable crossifreX//

OP
nihu

nihu

Broken In
Are Biostar boards reliable?here at my city, dealer recom Gigabyte & ASUS.
For RAM, what is meant by c9?pl explain.
Thanks 4 nice config.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Are Biostar boards reliable?here at my city, dealer recom Gigabyte & ASUS.
For RAM, what is meant by c9?pl explain.
Thanks 4 nice config.

they are reliable. most choose Asus & Gigabyte & Msi cause they more famous, but bio are not bad at all. they make lots of boards for AMD as well as for Intel, but you need to choose the right one.

C9 is the latency of ram. read here.

welcome mate. nice helping you out.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I think the OP doesn't need an gaming rig. That's why I suggested him an Core i5 rig.

@OP Look if you go for H55 based boards(I've posted the link of 2 h55 based gigabyte boards avobe) you don't need any graphics card. It've integrated graphics.

If you want to go for P55 based boards then you need graphics card. As for your query of graphics card within 4k, 9600GT 1GB - 4.2k(if you can afford the .2k more) otherwise go for 9500GT 1GB - 3.5k

+1 to Sam.Shab's config if you've changed your mind and want to go for gaming rig.

And for your query : Ya you can opt for biostar boards they are reliable. If you still dont want to go for it, you can go for Gigabyte MA785GMT-U2SH - 6k.

But as you said gaming is not your requirement, video encoding and decoding will be better in Core i5. Well lets see what other member says. But if you want gaming cum encoding-decoding rig @ this budget AMD is your option, and +1 to Sam.Shab's config.

OP
nihu

nihu

Broken In
h55-m-ud2h this mb supports graphics only when cpu has it.pl confirm by visiting & see point no:10 on the giga site.
this shows that i have to install GPU WHICH will increase my budget for i5 750 rig.
help from any member will be apreciated.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think the OP doesn't need an gaming rig. That's why I suggested him an Core i5 rig.

@OP Look if you go for H55 based boards(I've posted the link of 2 h55 based gigabyte boards avobe) you don't need any graphics card. It've integrated graphics.

If you want to go for P55 based boards then you need graphics card. As for your query of graphics card within 4k, 9600GT 1GB - 4.2k(if you can afford the .2k more) otherwise go for 9500GT 1GB - 3.5k

+1 to Sam.Shab's config if you've changed your mind and want to go for gaming rig.

And for your query : Ya you can opt for biostar boards they are reliable. If you still dont want to go for it, you can go for Gigabyte MA785GMT-U2SH - 6k.

But as you said gaming is not your requirement, video encoding and decoding will be better in Core i5. Well lets see what other member says. But if you want gaming cum encoding-decoding rig @ this budget AMD is your option, and +1 to Sam.Shab's config.

core i5 wil really help encoding. i agree. & adding a cheap 9500gt 512Mb ddr2 wil make the rig complete. but the problem is if OP tries game on this config, it'll suck. it'll badly bottleneck the proccy. & also i5 750 wil up the total cost of PC above 40k. maybe 45k if low cost board not available.

i just added the HD5670 512Mb cause OP mentioned me wil be using pc for gaming as well. will aid in graphics related work as well.

h55-m-ud2h this mb supports graphics only when cpu has it.pl confirm by visiting & see point no:10 on the giga site.
this shows that i have to install GPU WHICH will increase my budget for i5 750 rig.

yup. any board based on Intel H55/H57/Q57 chipset wil support graphics if the proccy have Intel HD Graphics inbuilt. but if u do graphics related work, u be better suited by 4 physical cores rather than 2 living cores & 2 non-living ghostly cores. i mean Hyper Threading.

though i3 wil OC past 4Ghz easily. may reach 4.5Ghz if proper cooling is provided. whereas X4 630 wil never touch 3.5Ghz how much voltage you apply. so choice is yours.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks sam and nihu for pointing out my mistake.
+1 to sam's config.

no problem at all. u just messed up the combo of H55 + Intel HD graphics supporting proccies & P55 + non graphics proccy :). curse Intel's proccy naming scheme. no idea which bustard brought such a bad idea of naming proccys :evil:

OP
nihu

nihu

Broken In
In short, h series motherboard supports graphics when processor with integrated graphics is used.if you choose proce withoute graphics(like i5 750) you must have to install GPU.
in p series mb you are in anycase forced to purchase GPU.
Intel tells that they have simplified selection.what a false claim!Marketing people at Intel will pay for this when people will know its marketing gimmics.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
In short, h series motherboard supports graphics when processor with integrated graphics is used.if you choose proce withoute graphics(like i5 750) you must have to install GPU.
in p series mb you are in anycase forced to purchase GPU.
Intel tells that they have simplified selection.what a false claim!Marketing people at Intel will pay for this when people will know its marketing gimmics.

yup. once the old Core2 series vanishes from market & consumers becomes more aware of their Nahalem proccies & mobos, it'll be hard time for Intel. Specially when they wil have difficulties understanding which proccies have graphics & which don't. at first look even my head went spinning.

but chances are most wil just pick up any i3 & an Asus or Gigabyte or maybe Intel Original H55 mobo as its guarantee that setup won't need a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom