Replacing HAF 922 with CM690 II advanced

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hi All,

I moved to Bangalore from Hyderabad and I would like to take my pc to bangalore now. I will be travelling in a train and now the "bigger" problem is to carry my huge cpu (HAF 922) along with a 24" Samsung monitor and also my heavy UPS alongside.

Hurdles faced -

1) Size is huge when packed in the chassis box (due to safety constraints I cant avoid packing it in its case) and so carrying it around along with the monitor (lets not talk about the UPS for now) is going to be a tough task.
2) Read somewhere that we should take an NOC to carry our pc inter-state and I am not sure where and what has to be done on this regard considering my 2 days stay in hyderabad before travelling back to blore.

Resolutions under consideration -

1) Carry the case with all the difficulty but if it needs an NOC and if someone catches me in the station, its gonna set me off and I would like to stay hassle-free.
2)Dismantle the pc, leave the chassis, pack the components in a suitcase and carry the monitor alone. This will set me off by some money as I will have to buy a new chassis.

Now if u consider the 2nd resolution, I was planning to get a CM690 II Advanced to replace my HAF 922 in bangalore itself. Will this be a good alternative?? Or is it really worth to carry my HAF all the way here considering CM690 II as my replacement option??

Note that if I am buying a CM690 II Adv, I will be selling off my HAF (to raise the funds and minimize the loss)

Please advice on these lines -

1) Is there an NOC issue while carrying the pc in train?
2) Will CM690 II serve me better or equivalent to HAF 922?

_AkasH_

Broken In
People carry PCs across countries, shouldn't be a problem across a state. The only thing you have to worry about is it's safety in the train itself.
I've never heard of NOCs for PCs. You will have a bag for it right? Just cover it with some cloth (will help Vs dust too) and no one will even bat an eyelid.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
1. You need a permit(for electronic and computer goods ) to transport in trains.
2. IMO keep the HAF.

_AkasH_

Broken In
1. You need a permit(for electronic and computer goods ) to transport in trains.
2. IMO keep the HAF.

Had no idea you need a permit. I took my laptop to Hyderabad a few months back, so I could have been fined for that?

Cell phones can be considered electronic too. Stupid laws. There is not mention of this anywhere (in the stations or on the ticket or while booking online).

Myth

Cyborg Agent
My mistake, I couldnt understand how to phrase that.
Its like booking your luggage. Charges are minimal.
Better to ask in station a few days before leaving.

Cell phones are ok.
Problem is with monitors, TVs, cabinets. Dont know about laptops.

PS: Got fined for cabinet and monitor while travelling from blore to bbsr.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
note that I can get CM690 II Adv for literally free (if i sell the old HAF + some coupons). So I was thinking if I should get into permits and carry the huge heavy box or rather buy a new elegant looking CM690.

Also, will i have any space issues while mounting hyper 212 evo (cpu cooler) + Saphire 5850 on CM690?? Also in the future, to my understanding, the CM690 will have enough room for the new gen GC's as the HDD bays at the bottom are removable.

Please comment.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
if you have the original gfx card box please remove the card from the cabinet & put in that box when travelling

Top Bottom