Replacement for Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016)

wwwescape

Journeyman
Recently I dropped my Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) and the LCD cracked. I was totally in love with the phone but now I have to purchase a replacement as the service centre does not have the required parts for repair.

What phone do you suggest that I buy to replace my beloved Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016). I have a budget of 25k and would like nearly the same specs of the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) to be in the new one. My preference is Samsung itself as I am going the get the Samsung Gear S2 which I would like to seamlessly pair it with my new phone. I know that other phones could serve the same purpose but I've been using Samsung phones for years and am very used to TouchWiz etc.

PratikV

Broken In
Get Moto G4+ 32GB version.
Better phone at lesser price.

Or if you still want to spend that much, Oneplus 3.

Would not recommend the G4+ At all rather any moto products due to their Horrible After sales support. When i go to Amazon.in and checkout their reviews most of them had worst experience of after sales support.
Amazon doesnt have Refund policy on that companies selected products. Replacement takes ages due to painful service.

Same goes for One Plus 3, you may or may nor find any problem but if you do God be with you.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Don't get Moto G4+ its just underpowered and have heating issue and don't fall for better after sales service crap because all of them have horrible after sales support.

What I mean is get a Value for money phone use it carefully or use some kind protection so if anything happens you are safe.

My suggestion get Mi5,OP3 or even le max 2.These phones are much better than samsung A7.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yep go with Ximi and LeMax, Samsung and Motorola have pathetic service centres. You won't even find Samsung and Lenovo service centres, but Ximi and Le are available widely and their phones are of top notch quality.

OP
wwwescape

wwwescape

Journeyman
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I got a refund for the phone minus the cost of the damaged part which was not available. I have been looking at a lot of options but haven't been able to decide on any phone. I think the features that are most important to me are:

1) Good camera - 15+ MP back and 5+ MP front
2) Dual SIM with 4G LTE support
3) Dedicated SD Card Slot
4) 16+ GB Internal Memory and 3+ GB RAM
5) NFC
6) FM Radio
7) Reasonable price :)

I have not found single phone that has all the above features. Is the Motorola Moto Z Play a good choice?

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

On Flipkart there are 2 versions of Moto Z, the 32 GB and the 64 GB. The 32 GB seems to have a dedicated SD Card slot but the 64 GB seems to be a hybrid slot. It also doesn't have FM. Can anyone confirm this please.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I got a refund for the phone minus the cost of the damaged part which was not available. I have been looking at a lot of options but haven't been able to decide on any phone. I think the features that are most important to me are:

5) NFC
6) FM Radio

I have not found single phone that has all the above features. Is the Motorola Moto Z Play a good choice?

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

On Flipkart there are 2 versions of Moto Z, the 32 GB and the 64 GB. The 32 GB seems to have a dedicated SD Card slot but the 64 GB seems to be a hybrid slot. It also doesn't have FM. Can anyone confirm this please.

You can get zenfone 3 for 21k.

5) NFC
6) FM Radio

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Get Oneplus 3 or 3T. Both are great phones for the price.

Moto Z Play & Zenphone 3 aren't worth their price. Still among them I think Z Play is a better choice as it looks great & has a good battery life. It has hybrid slot, no matter the storage option.

azvnoit

Journeyman
Only LG and HTC phones have Dual SIM and dedicated MicroSD card slot apart from the high specs you have mentioned.
Otherwise, there are many low specs or budget phones available.

If you have a big budget then LG G4(outdated, though), LG V20 are good phones as I have used both.

If dedicated slot isn't a must then at a reasonable budget and highest value for money (in my opinion) is OnePlus 3 / 3T.

Edit.
Just re-read that you are considering phones from Samsung since you will be getting Samsung Gear S2, Gear S2 works equally well with other phones. I myself am using Gear Fit 2 paired with LG G4.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
How did you get a refund for dropping the phone? Was it insured? And A7's spares are available, atleast in the service centre of my city.

Moto G4 or Moto Z Play should do fine for you.

5) NFC
6) FM Radio

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Top Bottom