Replacement for dying z87 motherboard

markerOne

In the zone
Hey folks,

I bought an Asrock z87 Pro4 Motherboard way back in 2015 (with Core i5 4460) and it's been showing signs of dying for almost a year now - managed to patch it up and get it running until yesterday when all efforts have failed. The PC doesn't boot and I've independently verified that the GPU, PSU, RAM & processor work fine. I'm looking to replace this with a motherboard that doesn't exceed 5k INR. I can stretch it up to 7k if really required.

Can you please suggest a H87/Z87 board?

quicky008

Technomancer
z87 boards are no longer available(unless you manage to find a 2nd hand one for cheap in good condition).

However you can still find h81 chipset based boards these days-a decent one will cost you around 5-6k.

quicky008

Technomancer
Biostar used to be ggod, even though their popularity has decreased in recent years.

If you find a new one with warranty then you can get it.Btw what's its model no?

OP
markerOne

markerOne

In the zone
Biostar used to be ggod, even though their popularity has decreased in recent years.

If you find a new one with warranty then you can get it.Btw what's its model no?

It's this -- Amazon.in: Buy Biostar H81MHV3 Motherboard Online at Low Prices in India | Biostar Reviews & Ratings

I also found one from Zebronics.. but not sure If I can trust them. There's one from Asrock, but it's unavailable for now :(

OP
markerOne

markerOne

In the zone
Correction: I found the one from Asrock available for INR 8.5K in Amazon
*www.amazon.in/ASRock-H81-PRO-BTC-R...r+h81&qid=1602487377&s=computers&sr=1-2-fkmr1

quicky008

Technomancer
This one looks good

*www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00EORHE1S/ref=psdcmw_1375344031_t1_B00YQLKI56

Try your local shops first, you may find it cheaper there.

OP
markerOne

markerOne

In the zone
Thanks! I'll hunt for this.. Do you consider Biostar to be reputable? It looks a tad sweeter deal for my use.

Btw I'll be coupling this with 16GB RAM and a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU

quicky008

Technomancer
Biostar isn't bad, but there may be issues with warranty.

Gigabyte would have been better in this regard.

You can order this

*www.vedantcomputers.com/index.php?route=product/product&search=H81&product_id=1079&search=H81

At 4500,its quite cheap.

Last edited:
OP
markerOne

markerOne

In the zone
Biostar isn't bad, but there may be issues with warranty.

Gigabyte would have been better in this regard.

You can order this

*www.vedantcomputers.com/index.php?route=product/product&search=H81&product_id=1079&search=H81

At 4500,its quite cheap.
Thank you!

EDIT: It's out of stock though :(

Top Bottom