Replace 865GBF Motherboard With ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
I have a P4 2.8 GHz with HT Technology. A Intel Original 865GBF Motherboard.
512MB RAM @ 200 MHz. A nVidia FX-5200 Tornado 128 MB AGP Card. I want to upgrade my Desktop's Motherboard to a Vista Supporting. I think the Processor is 478-Pin Socket, if i'm not wrong. My Budget is around Rs.3000

Could you please suggest me?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I want to upgrade my Desktop's Motherboard to a Vista Supporting. I think the Processor is 478-Pin Socket, if i'm not wrong. My Budget is around Rs.3000

Sorry my frnd, Cant think of any Mobo with 478 support !!! :(

Pathik

Google Bot
i think a d101ggc wd do... but they r not available now..
btw if u have a gfx card then y do u need a mobo wit onboard gfx???

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
pathiks said:
i think a d101ggc wd do... but they r not available now..
btw if u have a gfx card then y do u need a mobo wit onboard gfx???

Just for ur information D101GGC is one LGA 775 :p

*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D101GGC/index.htm

OP
amandeep86

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
I went to Nehru Place (New Delhi) past thursday and found that Intel 3 GHz processor is available @ >Rs.3400. I should better sell my old Motherboard & Processor to someone and Buy a new set of Latest Processor & Motherboard.
But, what could i get under Rs.6000? Are AMD Processors Cheaper than Intel. Which one should i go for?

Pathik

Google Bot
@choto... yup my mistake. :p
btw yea amandeep if u hav a low budget u shd go for amd only..
but 6k is too low for a mobo+proccy..

OP
amandeep86

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Another Problem

I'll stay with the current one.

But, today i'm in a trouble with my laptop. I'm getting a message on bluescreen and then the system restarts within 2-3 seconds. The message is something for adding of new hardware. Do i need a new Hard Disk. I currently have 40 GB Hard Disk. I do need a DVD ROM / Combo / DVD Writer. But, i don't know their prices. Can you suggest me Hard Disk & DVD Drive under 6k? I'll better invest that 6k here.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
can u be more descriptive of ur lappy problem . there must be some problem wiht a component . may or may not need replacement .
for ur desktop,
if u're not interested in gaming ( and u cant to it with ur rig ) , get a geforce6200 which will support vista aero . .its price will be around 2k .

OP
amandeep86

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Havn't got that message on my laptop again. Will surely read the error if seen again.

And about your AGP Suggestion, i don't need an AGP Card. I already have a nVidia FX-5200 Tornado (128-MB). I need a motherboard to support my current Intel P4 Socket 478-Pin 2.8 GHz with HT. My budget is around 3-4k.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Hm, I got the same board but I don't understand what you mean by 'Vista-Supporting' one. All Vista doesn't give you on this board is good default audio drivers with lots of options but you can install the legendary SoundMax and begone with that trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom