Repair windows XP deafult theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
Due to some prank mindset , i installed Windows vista Transformation pack(i think it was latest version) however i found that it was hogging a lot's of resources ,and i uninstall ed it(just the legal way ,by going in set program access and defaults ),however the next time i booted the theme was windows classic and not luna ,and when i tried to change it by going into desktop properties ,it says that dbgeng.dll was not installed/not found and generated an error . Now i don't want to go all over formatting again . I their any other way i can repair the visual style.

I have a Windows XP PROFESSIONAL SP 2,C2D E4400,GEFORCE 8600 GT ,1 GB RAM if any further information is required i will try to provide.

slugger

Banned
dbgeng.dll Download

click on the I Agree button

d file will start downloading

once download is complete paste d dll file in

Code:
c:\windows\system32\

folder
hopefully it shud solve ur problem

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
No no ,when i copied dbgeng.dll in system 32 ,nothing happens when i apply the luna theme as it says that applying settings and then nothing happens,though the dbgeng.dll problem is not coming now but still how can i repair the theme/visual style.

slugger

Banned
d00d it sems dat ur luna.msstyles is either missing/corrupt

download Restore Luna Theme (its a direct download)

unzip it and in d folder ..\Resources\Themes\Luna, u will find a file luna.msstyles

copy-paste it d location
C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna

once it is dun double click on it
(hopefully ur Luna theme will b restored)

slugger

Banned
i dont think a full repair is needed

just replace d file i mentioned above (follow d procedure) and u shud b fine

if u still wan2 repair den pop in d XP DVd/CD and

in d options it will ask wat 2 do

just select Repair option

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
slugger said:
d00d it sems dat ur luna.msstyles is either missing/corrupt

download Restore Luna Theme (its a direct download)

unzip it and in d folder ..\Resources\Themes\Luna, u will find a file luna.msstyles

copy-paste it d location
C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna

once it is dun double click on it
(hopefully ur Luna theme will b restored)

i tried now it says that applying theme ,but then a runtime error occurs giving a message .I have attached an image attachment of the error screenshot .please help

slugger

Banned
ayushman9 said:
i tried now it says that applying theme ,but then a runtime error occurs giving a message .I have attached an image attachment of the error screenshot .please help

u seem 2 have sum unregistered dlls (shell32.dl)

follw this

START->RUN

type this

STEP 1

Code:
REGSVR32 SHELL32.DLL
click OK

STEP 2

Code:
sfc /scannow
click OK

hopefully this will slve ur problem ;)

P.S: incase u find dat ur comp does not have d file shell32.dll (highly unlikely tho) den copy-paste it in d location

[SIZE=-1]C:\WINDOWS\system32\[/SIZE]

den follow STEPS 1&2

Last edited:
OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
slugger said:
u seem 2 have sum unregistered dlls (shell32.dl)

follw this

START->RUN

type this

STEP 1

Code:
REGSVR32 SHELL32.DLL
click OK

STEP 2

Code:
sfc /scannow
click OK

hopefully this will slve ur problem ;)

P.S: incase u find dat ur comp does not have d file shell32.dll (highly unlikely tho) den copy-paste it in d location

[SIZE=-1]C:\WINDOWS\system32\[/SIZE]

den follow STEPS 1&2

well i tried but no response ,ie LITERALLY NO RESPONSE ,no error ,no dialog box .I shall now try to download shell32 as you say

when i tried to copy new shell 32 dll from net and made it to paste it is saying that shell32 is in use and cannot be replaced what should i do now ?

when i tried to copy new shell 32 dll from net and made it to paste it is saying that shell32 is in use and cannot be replaced what should i do now ?

wever i noticed that at the link you provided the downloaded file is of 1.32MB while that already on my PC is of 8.08 MB .Is my file corrupted

Last edited:
OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
well well well ,you see when i went to safe mode ,windows did not load as the process stopped at some /system32/BUP.SYS .

Then i thought what the heck am i doing and can do for what long.

I was deciding to format ,when luckily i founded a DVD in which i had copied a image of the a previously running session and norton Ghost .I popped it and lo behold everything came to normal .Fortunetly there were no important files .

However from next time i will never touch/do this kind of transformation pack I SWEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom