renaming my files

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintin

Broken In
All my mp3 files by mistake has been converted into .mp files.That means the .mp3 extension has been changed to .mp .Now please someone tell me the procedure to convert it back to .mp3.I have more than 3000 mp3 files.so renaming it one by one again is impossible.i want to change back all my files in as less steps as possible.What are the good renaming softwares??HELP :oops: :oops:

satbir

Broken In
ok since all ur files would be placed in different folders u have two options

1.) you can search ur disk for all mp files(using windows search engine) and then cut paste all those files in a single folder. Now open command prompt and navigate to that folder(using cd commands) when u reach that folder just type in--> ren *.mp *.mp3 <-- mind the spaces and press enter....... and all ur files would be converted but the problem would be that all ur 3000+ files would be in the same directory

2) 2nd thing that u can try is ........ go to each directory having the songs(using the command prompt) and run ren *.mp *.mp3 seperately in each folder.......... this would take longer but would make sure that ur orignal directory structure is preserved..........

sakumar79

Technomancer
For working on multiple directories, it is easier to use software with GUI. For this, you can use software such as ReNamer at *www.snapfiles.com/php/download.php?id=109057&a=7126050&tag=738837&loc=1 or RenameIt at *www.snapfiles.com/php/download.php?id=104289

Additional alternatives at *www.nonags.com/nonags/fileren.html

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom