Reinventing GTK: envisioning the future of the toolkit(GTK3+ ????)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unni

In the zone
Thanks to rayraven, QwertyManiac & mehulved for their replies and thanks to praka123 for the post. I have been trying to learn Qt for the past 3 months. I am very much surprised that I missed this (Qt acquisition) news.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
rayraven - Only Linux? QT is cross platform I think and both use it on all platforms they publish to?

Sorry for the late reply, missed ur post , somehow.

Anyways,From Wikipedia : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype
The Windows user interface was developed in the Pascal-based Delphi programming language, the Linux version in C++ with Qt, and the Mac OS X version in Objective-C with Cocoa.
And AFAIK, Its a similar case with Opera.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Not necessarily, we can get both versions, static and shared.
Opera and Skype come in both options.

Static ones are better for folks not using KDE.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
The Medibuntu repositories have both static and shared qt deb's.

Also, you can go to this page , choose the os you are using , and get a shared or static package.
*www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/linux/choose/

Cant verify the skype link though, coz my office proxy has blocked it.

Can someone confirm?

EDIT:Thanx Infra, guess google gave me a correct link indeed :p

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
guys,I am new to this skype thing.my relatives are in US and insist on configuring skype.I think in Linux+pulseaudio,it seems tough :(
how is ekiga?I will prefer it only.esp voicechat is enough :)

Sorry for offtopic discussions.;)

what about gtkmm(gtk C++ support):-
gtkmm is the official C++ interface for the popular GUI library GTK+. Highlights include typesafe callbacks, and a comprehensive set of widgets that are easily extensible via inheritance. You can create user interfaces either in code or with the Glade User Interface designer, using libglademm. There's extensive documentation, including API reference and a tutorial.
gtkmm is free software distributed under the GNU Library General Public License (LGPL).
*www.gtkmm.org/

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
guys,I am new to this skype thing.my relatives are in US and insist on configuring skype.I think in Linux+pulseaudio,it seems tough :(
how is ekiga?I will prefer it only.esp voicechat is enough :)

Sorry for offtopic discussions.;)
[offtopic] Skype static-oss is supposed to work with PulseAudio. But I could never get it work. PA broke my system. Anyways thats now the issue here. You can try static-oss with PA and report back. Never used Ekiga. But skype works perfectly in Linux! [/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom