Reinstall Windows

I want to reinstall my window losing installed programs on C partition. But without losing data other partitions. (D and E partitions)
Options I have:

1. Refresh my pc: Not useful
  2. Reset my pc: I'm gonna lose everything
  3. Lenovo OneKey Software : I will lose everything or it will only effect c partition?
  4. Creating a recovery usb

Initially I had windows 8 installed on my laptop Y510p. I upgraded it to 8.1 later on.
Now recovery files for OneKey are of windows 8. So using this method I have downgrade.

Suggest me a best solution.

Last edited:

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
you can move the important documents on other drives, move the user directories to C (or change the locatio of those), by user directory, i mean- My Documents, Picture, Downloads etc. Then stop system restore on each and every drives, or even stop system restore completely, then Reset your PC. Hope this helps.

Or, you can use a partition software, create a partition (ext2/ext3) and backup your data in that by using ext for windows. Perhaps, windows will not be able to detect ext partitions, and you will be able to reinstall the OS.

ALso, you can download the ISO of the windows version you are using, and do a fresh install on just the Windows partition, then activate windows with your OEM key. If you have windows 8 by default, maybe you will not need any activation. The motherboard embedded key will activate windows automatically.
I want to reinstall my window losing installed programs on C partition. But without losing data other partitions. (D and E partitions)
Options I have:

1. Refresh my pc: Not useful
  2. Reset my pc: I'm gonna lose everything
  3. Lenovo OneKey Software : I will lose everything or it will only effect c partition.
  4. Creating a recovery usb

Initially I had windows 8 installed on my laptop Y510p. I upgraded it to 8.1 later on.
Now recovery files for OneKey are of windows 8. So using this method I have downgrade.

Suggest me a best solution.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I would suggest backing up your files on an external HDD. Borrow one from your friends if you have to. But messing around reinstalling OSe is not a good idea if you are not sure what you are doing. Heck, even if you ARE sure what you are doing, things can get messed up.

You have been warned. (Speaking of recent experience).

Top Bottom