regrding nokia n70 memory card

Status
Not open for further replies.

krrrish

Broken In
m going to buy Nokia n70 music edition in few days .. in one of the reviews of the fone , it said "This phone is PDA enabled and has an inbuilt memory of 22 MB, 64 MB RS-MMC and hot swappable slot for RS-MMC" .

though i know abt d mbs bt i dont hve any idea what 'RS-MMC' and 'hot swappable slot for RS-MMC' mean . cn any of u please explain that .

also i would like to hve 512 mb memory card (is mmc = multimedia memory card ? ..lol.. just guessing) .whats gonna b d price for that ?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Well, There are 6 different types of Memory Cards available in market. So when you buy, make sure you specefy that you have a Nokia N70 and you need a RS-MMC.
Yes it stands for Multimedia Memory Cards. A hot swappable slot for RS-MMC means that you can increase the memory of your phone by inserting these MMC cards.

I dont know about the rates of RS-MMC, but 1GB MicroSD cards cost around Rs.700 now a days.

Pathik

Google Bot
RSMMC - Reduced size multimedia memory card...
the ot swap slot means u can swap/change/remove the rsmmc witout restarting ur fone...
and a 1GB rsmmc costs 800 n a 512mb rsmmc costs 450...
but its better to take the 1gb one...

OP
K

krrrish

Broken In
@ tech_your_future : i hve read loads of reviews of d fone(ME edition) in d last few days . it wasnt mentioned anywhere . bt would b gr8 if its true :)

Thank you very much pathik and alsiladka . i would b going for 1 gb one . m soo excited . cnt wait to get my hands on d fone .

off topic , is it illegal to use bluetooth headset while driving a car ?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46653 he's saying that ME comes with 1GB MMC and one friend of mine does have ME too and he's got a 1GB card surely.

assasin

Banned
Afaik N70/N70ME require RS DV-MMC.So before buying check whether the card ur buying is Dv or not.
RS DV-MMC = Reduced Size Dual Voltage Multimedia Memory Card

OP
K

krrrish

Broken In
yup it does come wit a 1GB rs-mmc

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46653 he's saying that ME comes with 1GB MMC and one friend of mine does have ME too and he's got a 1GB card surely.

the ME comes with a 1 GB mmc

wow .. u guys made me soo happy . wonder y none of d reviews mentioned that . bt it doesnt matter .. m glad i will b getting one .

thnks pathik for d info .

assasin

Banned
pathiks said:
rs mmcs work in rs dv slots.. Its just that they r a bit slower

R u sure?Cuz my 6630 wudnt detect normal rs mmc.It only detected rs dv mmc.same was the case with my frnd who has a 6680.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom