Regarding PSU and Native Redolution

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Hi Guys

I have three questions :)

I have a Dell IN2020 Monitor and the native resolution is 1600x900. Recently I hooked up it with my new CPU which has a GTX 750 Ti GPU using the VGA-DVI adapter to the DVI port of the GPU. The Machine is running windows 10. As the CPU assembling and OS installation was done by my friend I just had to hook it up to my monitor. But the resolution (Native) is showing 1024x768 and the display is shown as GNP-Generic Monitor. I can change the resolution to 1600X900 though. I just want to know if this is normal or have I missed any driver ? The Nvidia Driver is Installed.

Secondly, is it good to connect the monitor to the motherboard to enable optimus Tech thing ? incase it conserve watts I would like to utilize that

Thirdly for my Current setup the PSU is the Generic 460W Gigabyte branded which was with the case, is that fine for now or should I change it ASAP ? The GPU is a Gigabyte Twin force So it needs a pin.

PSU pic:
WP_20151119_23_25_21_Pro[1].jpg

My Setup
i5 4460
FOXCONN H97 plus
Hyper Fury 8GB
WD 500GB HDD
Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=127200]zacfx05[/MENTION],

For basic Intel configuration; there is no need for High wattage PSU. For ease of mind and future proof rig, I would suggest you to go with the high wattage PSU like 500W. With that in future, you can upgrade the other peripheral components like SSD, HDD and GPU.

For GPU, it might be a drivers issue. As of now some of the drivers of old Windows may not work properly on latest Windows. I'd suggest you install the latest version of drivers in your system.

Hope it helps

the resolution problem is related to the GPU and Windows 10. Update your GPU drivers.

Always connect your monitor to your GPU . What do you mean my Optimus Thing? Optimus is a mobile GPU feature. I have a GTX 750ti and i dont have any Optimus feature.

Your GPU is not very demanding. No need to upgrade your PSU. Upgrade your PSU when u plan to buy a faster graphic card in the future.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Thanks Guys the Resolution part if fine.. I have a new issue actually the powers supply I used was Old running absolutely fine. But I got a Gigabyte Windforce 770 4GB GPU. Now the PSU Only have 2x6pin and 2x4pin and the GPU require 1x6pin and 1x8pin.

My question is can I connect two 6pin and leave the last two pins.. I m not intending to Overclock. Do have a look on my PSU ratings I have uploaded below.

WP_20151125_19_56_11_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20151125_20_19_20_Pro[1].jpg

DK_WD

WD Official

Based on my knowledge, each pin of circuit is important. We never know pin is Grounded or Vcc, if any pin is skipped in circuit; then there are maximum chances of short circuit in the device.

As a techie, I'd suggest you to use a 6 to 8 pin adapter cable to port.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Thanks Brother One last thing... have you seen the pic of my PSU I posted it in last message. will that work without any issues with this rig

I5 -4460
Foxconn H97-Plus
8gb Hyper X
500gb
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB windforce

I m including the pic of the PSU ratings here. The thing that worries me the PSU is a Old one it is certified for Pentium 3.4 ghz SLI/Crossfire. Just need to know the amp and rail stuff is all ok the rig I mentioned above... and thanks will get the converter.. also can you sugggest a psu that is cheap but having 2x 6+2 pci-e pins

WP_20151125_19_56_11_Pro[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Actually i saw people saying you need two 6 pin to 8 pin connector... my psu only have 1 6pin left is that fine ?

- - - Updated - - -

WP_20151125_20_19_20_Pro[1].jpg

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks Brother One last thing... have you seen the pic of my PSU I posted it in last message. will that work without any issues with this rig

I5 -4460
Foxconn H97-Plus
8gb Hyper X
500gb
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB windforce

I m including the pic of the PSU ratings here. The thing that worries me the PSU is a Old one it is certified for Pentium 3.4 ghz SLI/Crossfire. Just need to know the amp and rail stuff is all ok the rig I mentioned above... and thanks will get the converter.. also can you sugggest a psu that is cheap but having 2x 6+2 pci-e pins

View attachment 15910

- - - Updated - - -

Actually i saw people saying you need two 6 pin to 8 pin connector... my psu only have 1 6pin left is that fine ?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 15911

You can go with Antec VP550P -3575.

Link:Amazon.in: Buy Antec VP550P 550 Watts PSU Online at Low Prices in India | Antec Reviews & Ratings

DK_WD

WD Official
Actually I have one Corsair VS 550w.. is this good ?

In my opinion, for basic PC configuration; there is no need for High wattage PSU. For ease of mind and future proof rig, I would suggest you to go with the normal wattage PSU like 550W. With that in future, you can upgrade the other peripheral components like SSD, HDD and GPU.

If you have the spare PSU then go ahead to upgrade your build.

napsterv

Journeyman
Hi Guys

I have three questions :)

I have a Dell IN2020 Monitor and the native resolution is 1600x900. Recently I hooked up it with my new CPU which has a GTX 750 Ti GPU using the VGA-DVI adapter to the DVI port of the GPU. The Machine is running windows 10. As the CPU assembling and OS installation was done by my friend I just had to hook it up to my monitor. But the resolution (Native) is showing 1024x768 and the display is shown as GNP-Generic Monitor. I can change the resolution to 1600X900 though. I just want to know if this is normal or have I missed any driver ? The Nvidia Driver is Installed.

Secondly, is it good to connect the monitor to the motherboard to enable optimus Tech thing ? incase it conserve watts I would like to utilize that

Thirdly for my Current setup the PSU is the Generic 460W Gigabyte branded which was with the case, is that fine for now or should I change it ASAP ? The GPU is a Gigabyte Twin force So it needs a pin.

PSU pic:
View attachment 15896

My Setup
i5 4460
FOXCONN H97 plus
Hyper Fury 8GB
WD 500GB HDD
Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti

Sorry but where did you get that Foxconn motherboard?

Top Bottom