Red Dead Redemption 2

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Amd Ryzen 2600 - Balanced Mode
Asus ROG VEGA64 OC Ed - Undervolted
24GB DDR4 @3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance lpx
256GB M.2 NVME SSD
1TB Hdd WD Blue

The game is installed on m2, windows is on hdd.

Edit: I run a dual monitor rig. Gaming on primary, discord etc on secondary.
What is discord? I hear many PC reviewers in youtube say about Discord & Patreon?
Give me some simple explanation but dont send me the links. But if you dont know then send me the links.
Some time I registered with such gaming community forum but they put it region specific actually.
Like in reddit steam giveaways are not for us

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
No :chinscratch:. maybe when i buy another ssd i will put windows on that but for now putting games on ssd is far better than putting windows
No man buy an Intel 660P 512GB NVME SSD @ 5k or 1TB NVME SSD @ 8k
The boot times will be faster and loading screens for games will be faster as well.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Game loads much faster if installed on SSD. Probably his priorities is only playing games, hence putting it on SSD makes sense. But still, Windows on HDD is ancient.. lol.
Get MX500, planning on buying this one

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Edit: I was unfair... update below next post

I will probably get lynched for saying this. But the game is boring, atleast the single player :( . Regret buying it and not waiting for 'ahem'. Feels like a chore really.

Too many annoyances - menus are slow. Key layout is 'too much'. Systems like health, stamina are unnecessarily convulated.
Too much riding around with nothing. Weapons are tied to the horse saddle, so just run around and have fun is not always available. Edit: Can transfer weapons from horse back to self
When horse dies, have to walk a lot to find a new one, which is never easy as they are always running away.
Horses loses stamina fairly quickly, so can't go full speed all the time. Edit: Actually can go some
The whole bounty, wanted system also lacks. - edit: Do crimes while wearing masks

It looks absolutely GORGEOUS , no doubt! But after a while ...

TLDR: If you can get 'into' the character and play from the character's point of view then this game will work for you.

Last edited:

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Update to my previous negative post : I was unfair. I have come around.

Short play sessions is key for me. Game is not GTA, I was expecting a fun run gun gta'ish game. But is a lil different. Go running murdering everything and its not fun. Play it nice easy roaming through the wild west and you will enjoy it.
Horse dying is fairly rare. I got used to key layout, the health, stamina system, menu etc.

Looks AMAZING. Modern PC's are so capable... And so much detail. Playing for long duration made me lose the visual appeal, but doing less than 3 missions at a go, made me appreciate things repeatedly.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I am enjoying it now. A nice slow burn.
Compared to GTA ? GTA is a whole lot of fun. Just run around, blow stuff etc. red dead is like slow wild west simulator.
Red dead is more real, gta more fun. In GTA all you have to do is lose your wanted level. In red dead you have to change outfits, wear masks to not get recognized, there is also a bounty system. If you are recognized while committing a crime, you have to pay.
Red dead is meant to be immersive, animations are slow and deliberate and unskipable. Annoyed me, now I am used to it. Animations are for things like cooking meat, hunting etc.

Online: Haven't tried much since I have terrible aim. But looked a lot of fun.

In short: If you can get into the character and enjoy a slow rpg'ish.

jackiefis

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, I just read the Metacritic user review and most of the people complain about bugs and bad performance? is it true? maybe we should wait for the stable version!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys, I just read the Metacritic user review and most of the people complain about bugs and bad performance? is it true? maybe we should wait for the stable version!
There are some performance drops sometimes. Very very rarely the game completely freezes for a couple of seconds while the sound continues playing but then it snaps back and runs like nothing happened. Perhaps its optimization issues.

The game runs smoothly for me otherwise.

Top Bottom