Red Dead Redemption 2

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's released on RGS. If anyone bought, give first impressions.

Edit: Looks like PC gamers are tearing it a new one on Metacritic: Red Dead Redemption 2

Launcher crashes and what not.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Never played the part 1 of RDR but looks like this game is much hyped and popular on internet like GTA 5 :D

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Random issues aside, it is performing poorly and doesn't looks like Rockstar even wanted to spend time on optimizing it. They listed GTX 1060 as a minimum but then expect people to run the game at 1080p30 high settings :facepalm:
Would this be another Arkham Knight in making?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Random issues aside, it is performing poorly and doesn't looks like Rockstar even wanted to spend time on optimizing it. They listed GTX 1060 as a minimum but then expect people to run the game at 1080p30 high settings :facepalm:
Arkham Knight performance was bad because of Denuvo. Later they removed it and fixed all the issues.

Not sure oif Rockstar used any such DRM or not but perhaps they will fix it over time. Especially if they want Red Dead Online to be attractive to players.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
That is exactly what i said before lol..
Their requirements are equivalent to console quality

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Shape the American frontier with these Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats

Source: All Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats: all cheats for RDR2 and Red Dead Online | PC Gamer

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
New Mods for RDR2:
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC New Mod Allows Playing As Different Characters, Spawning Of Companion NPCs And More

rishabh1x

Right off the assembly line
Anybody bought this for PC?

I got this the day it came out on Social Club. At the launch there were alot of issues related to performance. Soon the patches came and it became stable but then some server side issues were present. Initially i could only play the game for like 20 mins and then it would throw me out saying an error occured(online). But now the game seems very stable. I have been playing and trying to grind online mode only didnt bother about the story mode yet. The game looks fantastic if your gpu is good enough to handle it on high/ultra. I run it on high-ultra setting and get around ~50+ fps which is very much fine. I would say it is surely worth the price, havent seen a game as beautiful as this in plain stock settings without use of reshade and other stuff. Also, I heard the modding community have now got the rtx shader support for rdr2 that enables ray tracing on any gpu.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I got this the day it came out on Social Club. At the launch there were alot of issues related to performance. Soon the patches came and it became stable but then some server side issues were present. Initially i could only play the game for like 20 mins and then it would throw me out saying an error occured(online). But now the game seems very stable. I have been playing and trying to grind online mode only didnt bother about the story mode yet. The game looks fantastic if your gpu is good enough to handle it on high/ultra. I run it on high-ultra setting and get around ~50+ fps which is very much fine. I would say it is surely worth the price, havent seen a game as beautiful as this in plain stock settings without use of reshade and other stuff. Also, I heard the modding community have now got the rtx shader support for rdr2 that enables ray tracing on any gpu.
Which configuration are you running at?

rishabh1x

Right off the assembly line
Which configuration are you running at?

Amd Ryzen 2600 - Balanced Mode
Asus ROG VEGA64 OC Ed - Undervolted
24GB DDR4 @3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance lpx
256GB M.2 NVME SSD
1TB Hdd WD Blue

The game is installed on m2, windows is on hdd.

Edit: I run a dual monitor rig. Gaming on primary, discord etc on secondary.

Top Bottom