Recovering text messages

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy SIII phone with Android 4.3 JB. I accidentally deleted all the text messages. Which app or software should I use to try to recover those messages? I tried Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android, this software restarted my phone a couple of times and then displayed an error that I need to root my phone first. Kindly tell me a procedure or software/app for non-rooted phone. I am asking for a Windows software that is why I have posted this here.

Thanks

Bfgxxza

Right off the assembly line
Text messages were saved on phone internal memory .So when you want to sms ,you need to root your Samsung phone.

PS :If the Wondershare Dr. Fone did not work ,why not try Coolmuster app to solve your problem(Samsung Galaxy S3 Messages Recovery).From google ,you can know this is good software.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If it says that you have to root your phone, then you probably have to. I don't know of a way to recover text messages from phone's internal memory! That may very well be next to impossible without proper permission to access system files.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Even with root permission, the chances are slim. The faster you try to recover, the more you get. But do regular backups in future to avoid these hassles.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Text messages were saved on phone internal memory .So when you want to sms ,you need to root your Samsung phone.

PS :If the Wondershare Dr. Fone did not work ,why not try Coolmuster app to solve your problem.From google ,you can know this is good software.

Thanks for replying. Coolmuster too didn't help :( How to take full backup of phone and memory card, including apps, settings etc. if the phone is non-rooted?

If it says that you have to root your phone, then you probably have to. I don't know of a way to recover text messages from phone's internal memory! That may very well be next to impossible without proper permission to access system files.

Thanks for replying. Kindly help regarding full backup.

Even with root permission, the chances are slim. The faster you try to recover, the more you get. But do regular backups in future to avoid these hassles.

Thanks for replying. Man I lost some really important texts :( I tried Helium premium app to take full backup and have also downloaded my phone's drivers from their site but when I open their Windows software, it displays a message that the drivers are not installed. I sent their customer support multiple mails but they are not replying. What should I do?

Top Bottom