Recommendations needed for a budget smartphone(~10k)

quicky008

Technomancer
I have been using a 16gb phone for the last few years-while its decent enough,it keeps running out of space every so often and thus causes a lot of issues.

I want a new smartphone as its replacement-after doing a bit of research it turns out that there are so many phones available at this price point that the choice becomes absolutely mind boggling!

I have filled the questionnaire below:

1. Budget? : MAX 11000(the lower the better)

2. Display type and size? : 6" atleast

3. Dual sim? : Required,in addition to a memory card slot.

4. Preferred choice of brand? : any brands with good after-sales service(apart from vivo,oppo,infinix and micromax).

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? : front+rear with good image quality.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). : Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). : Dual 4G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? : Multimedia,calling,taking photos and videos(good camera quality required).

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? : I am torn between the following:Realme narzo 20 and 20A,Realme C3,Redmi 9 prime,Redmi note 7.If there are other devices in this price range which would suit my requirements,please let me know.

10. Any other info that you want to share : It should have good Battery Life and atleast 64 GB storage.

As this phone is intended for everyday use,i dont want to spend too much on it.My budget is upto 10k but can be extended by 1k more if needed.

Last edited:

Ganeshg44

Broken In
I would say Realms 6 ...an overall package for all Gaming, camera, display,fast charge etc.....in festive season could have bought at 10k...now it's 13k...so u can wait for some sale or other...

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Can use gcam for that

Does Gcam supports all the cams? Like wide angle and all? Gcam is just a mod TBH an is pretty useless due to common issues like crashing and further more, some people are getting bootloop in there device, because it crashed camera hardware.

Ganeshg44

Broken In
Does Gcam supports all the cams? Like wide angle and all? Gcam is just a mod TBH an is pretty useless due to common issues like crashing and further more, some people are getting bootloop in there device, because it crashed camera hardware.
Hmmmm sorry bro frankly can't answer that as I have never used it myself but if u search how to use u can find it online.....also don't worry about crash and all it hardly appears due to some bug problem which gets fixed with update......if still unsure can google videos of using gcam on realme 6......that's all I can think off....hope it helps

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Hmmmm sorry bro frankly can't answer that as I have never used it myself but if u search how to use u can find it online.....also don't worry about crash and all it hardly appears due to some bug problem which gets fixed with update......if still unsure can google videos of using gcam on realme 6......that's all I can think off....hope it helps

Realme 6 has only ulyrx and hyperstrike build, both are not stable due to xml file not made properly, as realme has not released it.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
how about the moto g9?its currently being sold for 11k on flipkart.

The market is flooded with so many sub-10k phones that it becomes really difficult to choose the right one for oneself.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

The market is flooded with so many sub-10k phones that it becomes really difficult to choose the right one for oneself.

Moto has good image processing, But a few reviews(actually 3/5) says that Samsung has better image, due to better Post processing

Ganeshg44

Broken In
For camera I would definitely recommend Samsung but for performance no......u get one good and one bad that's how phone market is so it finally depends on your preference.....

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
For camera I would definitely recommend Samsung but for performance no......u get one good and one bad that's how phone market is so it finally depends on your preference.....

Yupp. Samsung focuses on overall better phone, cheaper alts focuses mostly on processor

For stock android, its fine. But if you are willing to spend time disabling recommendations, Poco M2 is much better. Or even the new Micromax in Note 1 at 11k seems very promising (wait for reviews).

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
For stock android, its fine. But if you are willing to spend time disabling recommendations, Poco M2 is much better. Or even the new Micromax in Note 1 at 11k seems very promising (wait for reviews).

Saw some reviews of the phone, seems micromax scripted them and gave same script to each youtuber. From my perspective, it is not for gaming. It has only 2 multi touch points, for camera, I hope gcam will fix it. Micromax did go well on hardware, but software lagged behind.

Saw some reviews of the phone, seems micromax scripted them and gave same script to each youtuber. From my perspective, it is not for gaming. It has only 2 multi touch points, for camera, I hope gcam will fix it. Micromax did go well on hardware, but software lagged behind.
2 touch point seems low, I wonder how much money they saved. You can't expect to get a much better SoC at that price, G85 is decent. I'm waiting for detailed reviews.

Top Bottom