Recommend me A Grafics Card that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

My system is Intel 915GV with Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Processor.

I have an old TV in my home that works well.

I want to use that TV as monitor to my computer , can I do so?

If So what hardware will be required?

Please specify the make/model/price of the hardware required.

Thanks in advance.

aryan333

Broken In
You only need a TV tuner card well i am using frontech and in my office i use pixel view both are doing well but reccommend u to use pixel view insted of frontech.

and u can also visit tech-forum.perfectschools.com

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
aryan333 said:
You only need a TV tuner card well i am using frontech and in my office i use pixel view both are doing well but reccommend u to use pixel view insted of frontech.

and u can also visit tech-forum.perfectschools.com

I think you misunderstood his question completely. He has asked that he wants his TV to be used as a monitor and not how to watch TV on his monitor. TV tuner card helps you to watch TV tuner card. On the other hand, his cheapest option would be a Geforce 6200 128-bit (without turbocache memory) with TV-out cable. Connect the graphics card with the a/v receiver of the TV with that cable and you are done.

If indeed a TV-tuner card is required, nothing beats the ones by pinnacle.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Connect the TV to the S- vidoe out on ur IGP....if ur IGP does not have 1 then u will have to get a card which supports this function even a mx 4000 has the function......mx 4000 cannot be used for gaming..

OP
S

System Of A Down

Broken In
Thanks you all.. for your suggestions..

I want to ask digitized one thing that wether the graphics card you recommmended will let me play games??

I have a 512Mb 400MHz single memory module so will this graphics card will add to my gaming experience??

I mean to say that wether during my game play both RAMS (the physical one and the graphics one) will add to my gaming experience or during game play only ram from the graphics card will be available.

Also during gaming the CPU will be used or the load will be shifted to GPU..

Please clarify ...

I am confused.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Both your RAM and graphics card will add to your gaming experience.
Both physical RAM and graphics RAM will get used.
Both CPU and graphics card will be under full load.
Hope that answers all your questions.

manmay

Journeyman
nvidia 6200 is i think(and also according to digit)the best entry level grafix card . u can definitely use tv as your monitor using this card....but mind it that the quality of the picture would not b good....for watching movie it would suffice but for some text basd work it is not good at all...yes this card will also enhance your gaming experience ... u can play all the latest games at medium settings....(800x600 and no anti aliasing)...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
yep with 6200 u can play most of the games and it has a TV out function also.but if u like playing games at high settings then u will have to spend more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom