Recommend a phone around 28K

little

Journeyman
1. Budget?
> 28k ± 2k
2. Display type and size?
> No idea about display type; size - around 5 inches.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
> Bar.
4. Preferred choice of brand?
> Reliable brands only.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
> Touchscreen.
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
> The camera should be good for occasional snaps. Front facing camera is required.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
> Android.
8. Preferred connectivity options?
> 3G, Wi-Fi, etc.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
> Just the regular ones Navigation apps, Youtube, browsers, etc.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
> I'll use it primarily for entertainment (gaming, movies, music) and browsing the web.

kaz

right here
Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, Xperia Z, Note 3 Neo. If you can wait for around one month then LG G2's price would fall for sure

OP
L

little

Journeyman

Yeah, I'm considering Nexus 5 but poor battery life, average camera, non-expandable memory and average loudspeakers are something that I want to avoid.
I'm pretty much torn between Samsung Galaxy S4 and Nexus5.

- - - Updated - - -

Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, Note 3 Neo. If you can wait for around one month then LG G2's price would fall for sure

Galaxy S5 is way above my budget. I think you meant to say S4.
Note 3 Neo's screen is too big for me.
And I can't wait. I need to get a phone ASAP. Life with Nokia 100 is hard. :p

Last edited:

kaz

right here
Yeah, I'm considering Nexus 5 but poor battery life, average camera, non-expandable memory and average loudspeakers are something that I want to avoid.
I'm pretty much torn between Samsung Galaxy S4 and Nexus5.

- - - Updated - - -

Galaxy S5 is way above my budget. I think you meant to say S4.
Note 3 Neo's screen is too big for me and I can't wait. I need to get it ASAP. Life with Nokia 100 is hard. :p

OOOps sorry!!! S4 I meant :D
I think S4 or Xperia Z will be better option because you need good camera.... N5 only for smooth android experience and fastest updates....

OP
L

little

Journeyman
OOOps sorry!!! S4 I meant :D
I think S4 or Xperia Z will be better option because you need good camera.... N5 only for smooth android experience and fastest updates....

I'm leaning towards S4 because of good camera, expandable memory and better battery life.
And I think S4 will get the next major Android update.

OP
L

little

Journeyman
G2 16GB is available for 32k - 33k online. Don't know about local pricing.

Last edited:

kaz

right here
Go and try out G2, S4, N5, Xperia Z and Z1

- - - Updated - - -

Also there is Note 2 exactly in your budget, with that Magic Wand :D

OP
L

little

Journeyman
get Lg G2 as the price is expected to drop after G3 launch.

When is it going to launch in India?? I read somewhere that it'll launch in July but I can't wait that long.

- - - Updated - - -

Go and try out G2, S4, N5, Xperia Z and Z1

Its going to be one of these phones ^. :)

Also there is Note 2 exactly in your budget, with that Magic Wand :D

Note 2 is too big for me and that magic wand will serve no use for me. Also, it's hardware is kinda outdated.

kaz

right here
When is it going to launch in India?? I read somewhere that it'll launch in July but I can't wait that long.

No such fixed dates...But it can be possible that they lower G2's price exactly before G3's launch....So I'm telling you to go and try out those phones, in case you go mad for G2 you can wait or increase your budget. But if you like others more then there's no point of waiting :)

- - - Updated - - -

Note 2 is too big for me and that magic wand will serve no use for me. Also, it's hardware is kinda outdated.

True :)

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Hmm, I think its either S4 or N5.
And I'm thinking of getting S4. Are there any major cons of S4??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

- - - Updated - - -

then IMO you should either get Moto X or Nexus 5 or increase the budget to get G2. you don't buy a phone everyday, so why settle with a bit inferior one?

HBK007

Journeyman
For me nexus 5 would be the wsy to go.
It can most certainly last through a day with a single charge with light to moderate usage.
With your use you will IMO need to put it on charge at around 8 pm if you game, watch movies, listen to music and keep 3g activated at all times.
One more tip you can buy a wireless charger and keep it near the place you work and just keep your phone on it when it is idle, this will make sure that your battery never gets below 70%.
----------------------------------------------Updated-------------------------------------------------
Hmm, I think its either S4 or N5.
And I'm thinking of getting S4. Are there any major cons of S4??
There are a very few actually, S4 is a great phone and it is last generation but if you don't mind Samsung's Bloated Touchwiz UI then you can consider it too as it has a great camera and also great specs.

Last edited:
OP
L

little

Journeyman
Will it be a good idea to buy imported phones?

I'm getting a good deal (25k) on factory unlocked LG G2 32GB (Sprint). Should I go for it??

Last edited:
Top Bottom