Recommend a PC Config based on 5950x budget within 2 lakhs

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
CPU - AMD R9 5950X - 63k

CPU Cooler - Deepcool Gamerstorm Assassin III - 7.2k

Mobo - MSI X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi - 24.7k (Non max is 2k cheaper)

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18 - 12k

GPU - Your GT 710 (maybe 3070Ti FE for 53k)

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 1TB NVMe - 9k

HDD - None

PSU - NZXT C750 - 9k (can use CV650 for now & buy PSU later with GPU)

Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - 8.2k

Monitor - LG 27UL650 - 33k

Total - 166.1k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price. Some parts have such low prices on amazon during sales as well.
Keyboard, Mouse & Headphone?

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Have you considered 12900K for this build from scratch @ 2L? It beats 5950X in everything except maybe Blender and the price of 1 year old 5950x is absurd. AMD also going to announce 3d-v cache in ces january 2022.
No! give me some idea on the possible config!

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Graphic cards won't be available in shops at right prices anytime soon. Contact rptech now so that you get your card fast. It is a wait list system so the more you delay to book your slot the longer it will take to get hold of a card. They have a rule that 1 person can buy only one card though they are selling at the price its meant to be.
rp tech emailed today "“Your inquiry is noted and we will inform you once same is available for ordering”

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Depends on your budget.

My recommendations:
Mouse - Razer Viper Mini - under 3.5k (I use it)
KB - Asus TUF K3 - 5.5k (I use it)
Headphone - Corsair HS50 pro - under 4.5k (I use HyperX Stinger, that's newer & might be better)
never used before ( only Frontech & Logitech ), they are looking tempting enough to Buy

Have you considered 12900K for this build from scratch @ 2L? It beats 5950X in everything except maybe Blender and the price of 1 year old 5950x is absurd. AMD also going to announce 3d-v cache in ces january 2022.
Am I missing something because in India 12th gen parts are expensive. Like i9 12900K is 70k+, so more expensive than R9 5950X. That i9 doesn't beat R9 5950X in everything, more like similar in multicore performance, but is better in single core usage & games. IF OP is interested, worth a look.

Need to find coolers with proper LGA1700 support as it is more rectangular than older squares. Get a good mobo like Asus TUF Z690 DDR4.
Mobo VRM budget Z690.png

Darth Vader

In the zone
Am I missing something because in India 12th gen parts are expensive. Like i9 12900K is 70k+, so more expensive than R9 5950X. That i9 doesn't beat R9 5950X in everything, more like similar in multicore performance, but is better in single core usage & games. IF OP is interested, worth a look.

Need to find coolers with proper LGA1700 support as it is more rectangular than older squares. Get a good mobo like Asus TUF Z690 DDR4.
CHeck this for performance comaprison:

1639642560316.png

Plus it cost cheaper than 5950X
12900K @62K
12900KF @56K

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/intel-core-i9-12900k-12th-gen-alder-lake-processor/
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...alder-lake-lga-1700-processor-bx8071512900kf/

In both cases, you need a decent cooler plus a decent motherboard.

Why buy a 1 year old CPU that is actually slower & expensive considering the OP's application usage.
Want to Run aftereffect, Premiere Pro, Blender, 3Dsmax, Animate, Photoshop & CorelDraw

Unless you already invested in AM4 platform and want to upgrade the CPU, there is no point in buying overpriced 5000 series at the moment.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
The 12th gen supports ddr5 so best decision would be to opt for those mobo that support both ddr4 and ddr5.
One more thing with 12th gen is you have to use windows 11. It is designed to take advantage of 12th gen cpu architecture. Running 12th gen on windows 10 sees drastic performance downfall. So OP has to choose if he is ok with the new OS.

And new ryzen generation gets announced on jan 4 so we'll see the effect of that on ryzen 5000 prices.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
The 12th gen supports ddr5 so best decision would be to opt for those mobo that support both ddr4 and ddr5.
One more thing with 12th gen is you have to use windows 11. It is designed to take advantage of 12th gen cpu architecture. Running 12th gen on windows 10 sees drastic performance downfall. So OP has to choose if he is ok with the new OS.

And new ryzen generation gets announced on jan 4 so we'll see the effect of that on ryzen 5000 prices.
"And new ryzen generation gets announced on jan 4 so we'll see the effect of that on ryzen 5000 prices" this is a real concern I even talk on this 12th gen and 6th gen & DDR5 support to a Local Shop they are like why wait buy it now.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That's the agenda of every sales person to push for purchase. If you can wait for at least 6 months then wait, since it takes some time for the launch and arrival in India after the announcements. If you can't wait then buy now and have your peace from checking the hardware and their prices everyday.

Just to mention this again, you will be missing out on DDR5 until your next upgrade if you decide to buy right now.
Another option in case you buy now, is to sell these DDR4 components (last gen prices go down significantly once the new platform is available) and buy the components which are compatible with next gen hardware.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
That's the agenda of every sales person to push for purchase. If you can wait for at least 6 months then wait, since it takes some time for the launch and arrival in India after the announcements. If you can't wait then buy now and have your peace from checking the hardware and their prices everyday.

Just to mention this again, you will be missing out on DDR5 until your next upgrade if you decide to buy right now.
Another option in case you buy now, is to sell these DDR4 components (last gen prices go down significantly once the new platform is available) and buy the components which are compatible with next gen hardware.
It always happens to me! When I built a DDR2 system after few months DDR3 arrived, When bought A DDR3 Motherboard DDR4 came to market, and right now the same situation....

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It always happens to me! When I built a DDR2 system after few months DDR3 arrived, When bought A DDR3 Motherboard DDR4 came to market, and right now the same situation....
Hahaha. Decide if you want to wait. The next gen which comes also might be costly because of all the fancy terms DDR5, Gen4 PCIe for Intel and all that coming together.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Right Now Working on a Dell N5010 (i3 CPU & 8 GB ram) after My DDR3 system's Motherboard got burnt
A Clip of 20 seconds is taking one and half hours to render in After Effects, Can't Launch Blender in it and PP is taking 5 minutes to launch after I clicked on the Icon.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Hahaha. Decide if you want to wait. The next gen which comes also might be costly because of all the fancy terms DDR5, Gen4 PCIe for Intel and all that coming together.
Actually, this is the sole reason every time I could not go for next-gen

Darth Vader

In the zone
Actually, this is the sole reason every time I could not go for next-gen
Except this time, the next gen platform is already here DDR5 & PCI Gen 5 via AlderLake.Z690 mobo support either DDR4 or DDR5 and not both.

You could go for 12900K with DDR4 now and maybe next year sell the DDR4 Mobo/RAM combo if required for DDR5/PCI Gen5.

Another option wait for the 3D V-cache announcement in Jan 2022 and hope for price reduction on 5950X to pull the trigger.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.anandtech.com/show/16971/the-intel-z690-motherboard-overview-ddr4-over-30-new-models
Here's the ddr4 review the ddr5 article is linked in it.

There are no mobos that support both DDR4 & DDR5, slots are different. Based on several benchmarks present online, Win11 doesn't give Intel 12th gen any noticeable advantage over Win10, sometimes actually Win11 is noticeably inferior.

CHeck this for performance comaprison:

View attachment 21197

Plus it cost cheaper than 5950X
12900K @62K
12900KF @56K

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/intel-core-i9-12900k-12th-gen-alder-lake-processor/
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...alder-lake-lga-1700-processor-bx8071512900kf/

In both cases, you need a decent cooler plus a decent motherboard.

Why buy a 1 year old CPU that is actually slower & expensive considering the OP's application usage.

Unless you already invested in AM4 platform and want to upgrade the CPU, there is no point in buying overpriced 5000 series at the moment.
Those are sane pricing.

Top Bottom